Advices please!

Options
I'm re-starting MFP journey since I fell off the wagon a while back. I gained back most of what I had lost.

I have not worked out in several months (EDIT: Okay, I looked at my calender and its actually only been 2 and a half months since I stopped my weekly workout) and before when I worked out I always had trouble doing things like Zumba and running because I broke my ankle back in February and my leg has really just never been the same. It swells and I've rolled it a few times since then as well.

What I'm asking is what works outs do you recommend for me so that I can ease myself into doing things like Zumba and Running. I really want to run, I eventually want to join the AirForce. I want to do some exercises that can build strength up in my ankle and allow me to eventually be able to run and do high impact aerobics and things like that.

I've asked at my gym and they're pretty snotty and vague and unhelpful (I miss my old gym in FL :( ) so I thought Id ask on here.

I'm genuinely asking. I feel like I sound stupid but I really do need help figuring out the best work outs to build me up to where I want to be. All my doctor said to me was swimming was good but its starting to get cold here in norcal and the gym I go to doesn't heat their outdoor pool. So I need alternatives.

Replies

• anitamiron
    anitamiron Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme Girl!! That programs rocks. I started it at 200 lbs, and weak knees. I just had a baby. Now I am 157!!
  • Lahai
    Lahai Posts: 5
    Options
    My advice is to spend some money on good high-top shoes that will support your ankle and prevent injury. Wear an ankle brace if necessary. Start slow & easy but do what you enjoy and feels good!
  • sunnybug90
    Options
    Chalean Extreme Girl!! That programs rocks. I started it at 200 lbs, and weak knees. I just had a baby. Now I am 157!!

And you look AMAZING! :) I'll look into it, thanks!
  • anitamiron
    anitamiron Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    by the way Chalean extreme is done from home, and the workouts are only 30-45 minutes long. They offer a modifier so that you can start at your own pase.
  • sunnybug90
    Options
    My advice is to spend some money on good high-top shoes that will support your ankle and prevent injury. Wear an ankle brace if necessary. Start slow & easy but do what you enjoy and feels good!

I didn't even think of better shoes. Now I have an excuse to shop haha, thank you. Just any sport high top or do you suggest a certain brand? I'm clueless when it comes to sports wear.
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    A Sports Medicine Clinic would be able to help you out. They can also recommend exercises to strengthen your muscles around your ankle before you start anything that might injure it further.