Can anyone recommend a good HRM?

Options

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Had a Polar FT1 - very basic. Not recommended.
    Now got a Polar FT7 and find it really good. Easy to use, plenty of features.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Razack541
    Options
    Here's another for the FT4. Does exactly what I want a hrm to do and not any more (or any less).
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and LOVE it

Ditto to this one. I never work out without it!

Tritto.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    get a fitbit instead, it even syncs to MFP for you.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Here's another for the FT4. Does exactly what I want a hrm to do and not any more (or any less).

^^^This

Love my FT4!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 also.

My one recommendation whatever you get, get one with a chest strap. My previous HRM didn't have one and it was totally unreliable because it couldn't get a real reading.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    polar FT40! its awesome! well worth the money!
  • roycruse73
    roycruse73 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For cycling there is no finer bit of kit than a Garmin Edge 500 and reasonably priced too.
  • joanfudala
    joanfudala Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT60 and like the way it works. It has preset programs you can select: lose weight. increase fitness, and maximize performance. Then it gives you time goals for each of three training zones, also preset according to your age. I like it that I can adjust the minimum-maximum rates for each zone. At any time during a workout, I can see how much time has elapsed, my current zone, and the number of calories burned. If you complete your target goals according to the program you select, the display shows stars and plays a trumpet flare. It also provides recommendations to improve, such as exercise more in Zone 1. It also has a fitness test that it prompts you to take on a monthly basis with a chart that shows your progress. I bought mine through www.heartratemonitorusa.com because the price there was about 20% lower than on the Polar site.
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    . If you complete your target goals according to the program you select, the display shows stars and plays a trumpet flare.

Dang it mine just gave me a little trophy Icon,
  • tara1186
    Options
    I'm another one who has the polar FT7. Just purchased it last week & love it.

I chose the FT7 over the FT4 as the 7 holds more records, (99 versus 10 I think) Also the 7 has a screen display that shows you where your fat burning level is and where your fitness improvement level is, so you can glance down and see what zone your in. It also gives your average and maximum heart rate for the duration of your workout. I found the strap very comfortable, and you can replace the batteries in both the strap & the watch yourself with batteries you can purchase at the supermarket. I got mine on e-bay for $110 delivered.
  • csi4us
    csi4us Posts: 74
    Options
    I got the Polar FT7 and i bought it through Amazon, or check out HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com
    They always have great deals.. this is my first HRM and i absolutely love it.

Wtf. I checked out heartratemonitorsusa.com some of them are going from $100 to $349. That's a little to much for me. I wanna know where people are buying them for $60. eBay and amazon are about $100 to $200.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT7 and i bought it through Amazon, or check out HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com
    They always have great deals.. this is my first HRM and i absolutely love it.

Wtf. I checked out heartratemonitorsusa.com some of them are going from $100 to $349. That's a little to much for me. I wanna know where people are buying them for $60. eBay and amazon are about $100 to $200.

The FT7 is $73 and the FT4 is $62. Where did you see $100? I have the F4, which I guess was replaced by the FT4. It's close enough for me. I've had it over 4 years now with no problems, and I love it. Except when I wore it to the gym, because it's not coded, so I totally screwed up the guy on the elliptical next to me.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and LOVE it

Ditto to this one. I never work out without it

Love the Polar Ft7
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I really like my garmin fr 60
  • gregsonevans
    gregsonevans Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I bought a second hand unused Oregon Scientific for just £5 and I have worn it the same time as my Garmin 705 on my bike and it is pretty much the same , Polar and Garmin are probably the most popular ones but they all do pretty much the same thing so just decide how much you want to spend and go from there, if you are cycling or running in remote areas you might want to spend more and get one that is gps enabled but if you are going to use it in a gym then there is no point, pop into the gym and ask them what ones are compatible with their machines and get one of them if that suits your needs more
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4. Absolutely love it!
  • tr33p1g
    tr33p1g Posts: 85
    Options

^^^This

Love my FT4!

^^this this^^