Does everyone notice your weight loss except YOU?

Options
2»

Replies

• LAMypie
    LAMypie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. My hubby and pastor are constantly telling me how much better I look, but in my head, I'm still over 300. I have to remind myself how far I've come. I take pictures every month, and I take measurements every month or 2. Those times you're convinced that nothing is really changing, those are the things that bring it home, even if it's short lived. That was me this past week. My weight loss has slowed to a .5 or less loss per week crawl over the summer, and I was very discouraged. Convinced nothing had changed, but realizing that I hadn't taken measurements in over 2 months, I did so...And I'm very happy! I hope someday I can accept that my lifestyle change is working and be happier about myself.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    ive lost 85 lbs and at a healthy 170 lbs and i still..STILL think of myself as 'fat'. someone yelled' FATTY!' the other day in the street and i immediately turned around..the guy yelling said ' not you, your'e not fat, im yelling at that guy in front of you.". i just stared at him as if he was nuts. ill always be 'fat'.
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting weights? Maybe you have lost more fat than you think and you appear smaller, but only lost 10 pounds of weight because of muscle growth/strengthening. ???
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I hear you.
    I wear smaller clothes, but I feel like the same big girl. I look in a mirror and still see the same person I used to be.
    That's the part that's more important to work on than losing weight, to be honest.
    Knowing that you're wonderful and amazing and worthy of so much,.... even at your highest weight.. and that it won't change just by losing 1lb, or 1000lb.. you'll still be wonderful and amazing.
    It's tough, but the mindset will eventually ease. At least I hope so :P
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    :smile:
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I don't notice it nearly as often as other people do. My husband keeps telling me I'm as "skinny" as the girls I tell him I want to look like. I have body dysmorphic disorder and I'm always quick to notice flaws before I'd notice progress. My confidence is improving, but it still feels like a long road.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I find no one says a thing..well some do....But I think I notice it more..so not complaining...well kinda. hmmmm
  • dmg329
    dmg329 Posts: 2
    Options
    So far I've lost 40 pounds, and I have a lot of people tell me they've noticed. But, like you, I still look in the mirror and don't see the difference. I still go to buy the bigger clothes, but then stop myself. I still have more to lose, but just have to take day by day. Enjoy the compliments! Keep up the good work!
  • ljc73
    ljc73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    yes - i have lost 55 pounds since January and while it's so great to get compliments from everyone, I have a hard time seeing the change unless i see a photo of myself. And even then, I still feel like I look "fat". Thinner than before, but i still can't see that I look "good." When someone compliments me, I always find myself saying "oh, but I have so much further to go" and talk about how big my thighs, my stomach, my upper arms are.

I started calling it body dismorphia. Not sure if that's real but I think I have a problem where I still see myself as the fat girl even though others, the scale and my clothing are telling me otherwise!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    At just over 50 lbs lost, I'm not halfway there just yet. I still don't see the weight loss in the mirror, even though the jeans I couldn't pull up and button are now so big on me that I can't wear them.

My "max size" was "I'll never buy jeans bigger than a 22" I stayed at that 22 by switching first to stretchy jeans, then stretchy slacks from Lany Bryant, and finally the stretchy t-shirt material baggy pants. In fairness, I was probably 24 pushing 26. Now, I'm down to an 18 with no muffin top.

I still have 75 to loose roughly, and despite everyone being so shocked at how much different I look, I still see a fatty in the mirror.

SOME days I can remind myself that I've lost 50 pounds and I'm doing great, but lately, especially now that the weight loss has slowed, it's pretty discouraging to look at myself.

Then I'll do something cool, like jog across the street to beat the light change, or dart up a flight of stairs rather than plod, and still breathe just fine at the top, or something along those lines, and realize that while I might not see it, I can feel the difference, and really, that's a big part of why I'm doing this anyway, and when I get to the point that I can do a mudder, I'll just be that person that rocks a mudder, and still feel like a fatty, and seriously, how many people that DON'T feel like fatties still can't do a mudder?
  • xBrittanyK
    Options
    I've lost 95lbs and I STILL don't see it. Even in pictures I sometimes think I look the same. Everyone keeps telling me it'll catch up though.
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    I feel like that's happening to me. Family, friends, and coworkers are starting to notice I've lost weight. But the truth is I haven't lost very much (around 10 pounds total, I started this before joining MFP), so I don't notice the differences yet. Last year I lost 20 pounds and didn't feel like many people noticed it unless I brought it up. This time I've lost half as much and it seems everyone has commented on it. I'm flattered and happy, but also a little sad that my self confidence is so low that I can't see it myself. Anyone else have this problem?

Aww !! don't worry dear it happens ...have confidence in u r self ...

self confidence is the basic whatever we do after giving our 100 % we have to satisfied that's all we have done..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!