ARE you or HAVE YOU ever been on Topomax?

Options
13»

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    #1. are you currently on topomax and how long have you taken it? (if you have taken it in the past, please skip to #2)

#2. have you previously taken topomax, and how long did you take it?

#3. If you experienced any side effects, please note them here, and note at which doseage did you FIRST start noticing the side effects happpening.

#4. Which side effect (you do not have to choose one) made you (if any) decide to stop taking the medication.

#5. What was YOUR prescribed reason for taking Topomax?

Anything you would like to add? Please do so here:

#2- I toook it for about a week.

#3 - right away- mild eye pain, out-of-focus vision, numbness in face and hands. I forget the dose, but it was the 'smallest for migraines'.
    -- and it did nothing for my migraines, I still had a bad migraine most the week.

#4- the eye/vision stuff. My doctor warned me of glaucoma, and with the eird eye pressure/pain and blurred vision, I stopped taking them.

#5 - Chronic Migraines
  • _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    #2. have you previously taken topomax, and how long did you take it?

1 year

#3. If you experienced any side effects, please note them here, and note at which doseage did you FIRST start noticing the side effects happpening.

Short term and long term memory loss. I lost a few years of memories.

#4. Which side effect (you do not have to choose one) made you (if any) decide to stop taking the medication.

Memory loss and it didn't really stop the migraines.

#5. What was YOUR prescribed reason for taking Topomax?

Migraines.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I took it for migraines. It didnt help. I didnt notice any side effects