What's your go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    my go to is cheerios with milk and fruit but for filling I would go for oatmeal or cream of wheat. They both hold me to lunch.
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have two: bite size whole wheat shredded wheat thrown in a baggie and eaten on the bus, sometimes I have raisins thrown in also. when I used to have a car, I kept a box in the car next to the driver's seat. No brainer snack. Lots of fiber. Not messy.:smooched:

THe other is oatmeal. On a lucky day I have a ripe banana to cook into it.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal every day, like a robot. I hate it.

I spice it up with some peanutbutter, or cinnamon + sweetner or whatever else I can find.

I find it just takes like 30 seconds to make (put the water on).

I also work in a restaurant and usually make an egg on an english muffin with a slice of bacon and cheese. I can't be bothered to do all that at home.
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    vega <3 it is a life savour
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Almond butter / hazelnut butter or cashew butter sandwich during the week. 

Weekends, either an egg white omelet with veggies  or Greek yogurt with almonds & fruit. 
  • fatgirlslimlady
    fatgirlslimlady Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal so hard. I mix up my stuff the night before, then add hot water when I get to work. (I may also be overly fond of electric kettles). I usually have 1/2 c quick oats, with
    -2 T Teddie's natural peanut butter, 20 g dried fruit (craisins, cherries, etc) or chop up an apple. Throw in some cinnamon if I feel fancy. Lots of protein, healthy fats, and fiber!
    -2 T sweetened coconut flakes, 20 g dried cherries, 2 T half and half. I've been thinking that nutmeg would be a good addition. This combo is not nearly so protein heavy, but I found if I have it as a post-workout breakfast, after my post-workout milk, then I'm set for a while.

Basically, oatmeal plus whatever you have on hand. I've been thinking of throwing in some nuts (toasted?), bananas, or frozen blueberries.

Also AMAZING is Red River. I have a hard time finding it in the states, but it's easier to find in Quebec. I visit and stock up about once a year. Link: www.redriverus.com/ I mix it 50/50 with regular oatmeal (steel cut oats, if I have the time) and my oatmeal accoutrements du jour.

Hope this helps!
  • rvagnoni
    rvagnoni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MizStephanie
    MizStephanie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    One whole egg and one egg white scrambled

1/3 cup of weight watchers low-fat italian blended cheese (mix in into eggs)

2 pieces of jennie-o turkey bacon (30 calories a slice...i like to cook them until they are crispy)

1/2 cup of berries (raspberries and blueberris)

such a delicious filled breakfast!!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I'm looking for ideas for whole food breakfasts that are easy on the calories but keep you full all morning long. PLUS they need to be easy to take to work! When I say "whole food" I mean not processed food. No poptarts, frozen sausage sandwiches, etc.

Thanks for sharing!
    Whey protein pancakes. Can be made ahead and warmed in a microwave.

These are extremely filling! I found this recpie from another MFP poster: (can't remember who..sorry!)

1 scoop (28 g) whey protein
    1/4 blue berries (my personal choice to add these) (I have also added dark chocolate chips too)
    3/4 tsp baking powder
    2 packets stevia
    1/3 liquid eqq whites
    1/4 unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 tsp cinnamon

makes 3 pancakes. I have the nutrition. facts in my diary. Had them today.
  • mariieexo
    Options
    oatmeal is my fave, here are my two favorite ways to make it (can be served hot or cold for overnight oats)

1- pumpkin pie oatmeal: add 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (make sure it isn't pumpkin pie filling but rather plain pureed pumpkin) and then some pumpkin pie spice or a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger

2- chocolatey oats- add 1 tbsp. dark unsweetened cocoa powder (like the kind by hershey), a tbsp. of peanut butter, and a banana (or any other fruit you like)

both are super delish and filling :)
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and an apple. Pretty much every single day :) I love apples, and the crunch is just so satisfying.
    Sometimes I'll substitute the apple for a rice cake or another fruit, like grapes.

When I'm all out of yogurt, I'll have just the fruit, or spread a little peanut butter on a rice cake.

When I'm kind of broke: a slice of cheese on a slice of bread :)
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    steel cut oatmeal and a banana
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am terrible about being lazy and just going to protein shakes in am because I want more calories I make it with skim mild,frozen fruit, protein powder and add more as need to increase calories ie ice cream,peanut butter or something crunchie like grham crackers or cereal . I like this because it does keep me full and I can make and freeze the night beforeif I want t eat a little later and can be microwaved if needed to sofen quickly but can be 280 calories or up to 600 if I need to increase and can vary flavor soeasily
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Smoothie - a banana, frozen fruit, chia seeds, whey protein and coconut milk. So good and really filling!
  • fatgirlslimlady
    fatgirlslimlady Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is my fave, here are my two favorite ways to make it (can be served hot or cold for overnight oats)

1- pumpkin pie oatmeal: add 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (make sure it isn't pumpkin pie filling but rather plain pureed pumpkin) and then some pumpkin pie spice or a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger

2- chocolatey oats- add 1 tbsp. dark unsweetened cocoa powder (like the kind by hershey), a tbsp. of peanut butter, and a banana (or any other fruit you like)

both are super delish and filling :)

Holy guacamole! I love oatmeal and I've been wondering what to do with my partial can of canned pumpkin! This is perfect! Thanks for the idea. Also am going to try your reese's cup oatmeal.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    All of you guys with your eggs are making me feel like I don't eat enough for breakfast!

I'm pretty boring - I have IBS so I limit dairy and need lots of fiber. Every single day with no changes: 1/4 cut regular oatmeal made with water, 2 Tbs. Psyllium husks in the oatmeal, and sometimes 1/8 cup raisins. Also coffee every morning.
  • ChadB74
    ChadB74 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1 of 3 different breakfast through the work week. La Tortilla Factory small whole wheat torilla (50 cals) with a Tablespoon of Skippy Natural Peanut Butter (95 cals) spread on it and a Banana wrapped inside (100 - 150 cals) Nice and filling.....or bowl of cherrios (1 cup 100 cals) with a cut up banana (100-150 cals) mixed in with 1/2 cup fat free milk (45 cals) filling enough or lastly Dannon Light 6 oz yogurt (80 cals) and an Orange (110 cals) light breakfast. I will usually have water, Sobe lifewater or Diet Turkey Hill green iced tea with ginseng and honey to drink with breakfast. On the weekend, I'll splurge a few extra calories for a yummy breakfast which is a ham and cheese omelette (3 large brown eggs 210 cals, ff milk 1/4 cup 25 calshillshire farms ultra thin ham 3 slices 35 cals and sargento ultra thin cheese 1 slice 35/40 cals with a side of Thin and crispy butterball turkey bacon 4 slices 60 cals.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    3 to 5 egg whites and a slice of reduced fat cheese - 60 seconds in the microwave. I sometimes put it on top of a slice of lightly toasted Ezekiel sprouted grain bread or half of one of their english muffins. Top with pepper and a dash of hot sauce - plenty of protein and holds me until lunch time.

And coffee. My morning is not complete without coffee. In fact, it doesn't even begin until after coffee.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal for sure! I've been adding pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice to mine, super yummy!

I also like an english muffin (100 cal version) with a poached egg, slice of tomato, avocado, spinach, a little feta, and salsa! Low cal and very filling.
  • vicky11_17
    Options
    I have a good one for breakfast

Oatmeal one packet maple or you can make your own
    2 egg whites
    1 grapefruit
    or you can also eat cherrios multigrain or any healthy cereal
    This thee food conbine give you a burst of energy and full till your next meal .