INSOMNIA!

Options

Replies

• CanadianDot
    CanadianDot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have bright pink streaks in my hair, so I'm no help here. I'd be all for the blue.
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    :laugh:
  • MZmuda
    MZmuda Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey, Algunter,

Get out of bed (if you're in bed currently) get a book, sit down at the kitchen table, and read. Or do a Sudoku. Or pay some bills. Whatever. The goal: Get out of bed. 30-60 minutes later, your eyes will start to close on their own.

My $.02: don't do stuff in bed (ie: watch TV, surf the net with an ipad or phone, etc...) and keep the light relatively low. You want your brain to start making Melatonin.

(or pop a Melatonin or sleep aid.)

An active mind is usually your brain saying "we have to do something." Determine if it can be done now or not (pay bills? yes, you CAN do that now. Wash the car? not so much at 2:40am.) If you feel up to it, do the things you CAN, then go to sleep. ACCEPT that there are some things your mind will fret over that are USELESS. For those times, go into bed, stare up at the ceiling, and simply accept that you aren't going to get any sleep. (9 times out of 10, accepting this worry somehow lets you go to sleep, since so much of the stress is simply caused by the fear that you won't get sleep. Yes, it's circular logic, but, it works.)

Finally, if there's something bothering you (itchy tag on pajamas, the house is too warm / cool, etc...) take steps to change that. Cut off the tag. Turn up the AC/heater. Make yourself COMFORTABLE!

Then, get to sleep. :)

Gnite! :)

- Z
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Does warm milk actually help? I want to sleep,,
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    7.45pm Saturday evening (I'm embarrassed to say I'm online - not partying!) :drinker:
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    HI I am Lynda and I suffer Insomnia:grumble: :yawn: :angry: :yawn: :huh:
  • CanadianDot
    Options
    Wash the car? not so much at 2:40am.

You obviously don't know me very well. I'm the kind of person that ends up outside doing stuff way late, even when it's dark and I can't see what I'm doing, and I'm getting way too cold and I'm starting to get sick...

Heh.

What do you mean, am I crazy? I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about!
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    I'm not in bed. I hate sudoku, I just finished the trilogy I was reading, I already cleaned my kitchen. Really nothing I can do. And I already laid in the bed staring at the ceiling, but after an hour I decided I would get on the computer for a while.
  • CanadianDot
    Options
    HI I am Lynda and I suffer Insomnia:grumble: :yawn: :angry: :yawn: :huh:

The first step to healing is admitting you have a problem. :tongue:
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    Okay then, I'll try it too. Hi, my name is angela and I am an insomniac.
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Late to the party but im still up! Hello babe!
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    7.45pm Saturday evening (I'm embarrassed to say I'm online - not partying!) :drinker:

Nothing wrong with that. We hardly ever go out.
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    Late to the party but im still up! Hello babe!

Hello, sugar
  • CanadianDot
    Options
    Do you feel sleepier now that you've admitted it?
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    So kevie Wisconsin huh? Is it cold now?
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    Do you feel sleepier now that you've admitted it?

Um.........wait.......wait..........I think maybe...........hang on...........no
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Its definitely chilly tonight! Had firepit going earlier and it was still cold! Need some warmth! Hows things with you?
  • bo4lax
    bo4lax Posts: 21
    Options
    Warm milk? How about 2 shots of vodka for a nightcap? Just enough to relax but not enough to become unresponsive:drinker:
  • CanadianDot
    Options
    Um.........wait.......wait..........I think maybe...........hang on...........no

Darn. Well, it was worth a try.
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    Wow! Not trying to offend anybody, but is everybody on here yanks?