How to go about fixing my chocolate cravings?

Options
2»

Replies

• DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i just don't deny myself cravings. i just eat in smaller portions and then move on. shoot... if you told me i had to give up something tasty... i wouldn't know what to do with myself. :)
    Nothing in my eating is off limits, and I agree, nothing should be.. I have retrained myself to be able to eat the things I love in moderation and without obsessing! That's they key... I never used to be able to do that before... I just kept eating until it was all gone. What I have done, though, is found healthier things I enjoy, equally to my old nemesis, and enjoy even more than my old favorites.... its a result of retraining my brain... And it feels great and I never have to feel like "OMG, someone told me I have to give something tasty up and now I don't know what to do with myself..." I never panic about that anymore... Never.... It's very freeing!
  • D0ry
    D0ry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi. One more chocolate addict here.
    Almost-anything-sweet-addict actually.
    There are just a few things I don't like, like peanut butter, creme caramel or rice milk. I ignore them easily.

I love fruits, very much. And they go so well with chocolate. And so on...

Last night I ate by myself a whole family box of ice cream, around 1000 calories... And I didn't even feel sick.
    I can eat a whole bar of chocolate... a few times. And so on...

I've lost most of the weight I've planned to lose with good working out and good food choices.. besides chocolate. I just couldn't and didn't take it out of my daily diary. I did it for 14 days during a personal challenge with one of my friends here. I have the right motivation and I did it without cheating. But it was hard, especially the first 3-4 days and the last 3-4 days... And it didn't change anything in the long run. Moreover, it was a non-chocolate challenge - e.g. I replaced chocolate with other sweets actually.

I don't mean to sound desperately and pile up with my own problems. I'm writing here for a few reasons:
    - so you know you're not alone
    - so I know I'm not alone either
    - so I keep track of this great post and read whatever is going to be written further.

Thank you for posting this, And thank you all for posting here afterwords. Your suggestions and your support are extremely valuable. I personally will try to follow them. And I'll write back here to share.

This morning snack before workout was a cup of non-fat yoghurt with 1tbsp oat bran and 2 tsp honey. It was great and healthy.

Have a great weekend! :)
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate constantly I will have a chocolate pudding or a square of chocolate to ease the cravings if not I will find I am a raging lunatic.
  • mylove0mylife
    Options
    In my opinion you should never save no to an extreme craving. You may try to fill it some way else and still manage to go over you calories. Why don't you try getting a small bag of "fun-size" Hershey bars? They're 42 calories a piece, and limit yourself to 1 - 2 a day. Make sure to put them on your diary ahead of time, knowing you have the room for those 2 treats, and have one in the afternoon, and one in the evening. That way instead of buckling every time you get a craving (which would possibly result in eating the entire bag if it was me), you give yourself that delicious treat 2 times a day, and you have something to look forward to each day!