INSOMNIA!

Options
1235»

Replies

• quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Another insomniac here. I'm only a yank in location.....but not in reality. Does that help?

Well at least you know what a yank is. And as to whether you only are by location, it kinda depends on how long you've been there. If you start talking like them and forgetting what it's like to be in the south.....yeah you would be a yank.

I recently spent a year in OK just to be sure I'd not forget my roots. When I go visit kinfolk in LA or AR, I slip right back into my y'alls straightaway. ;)
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    But do you think my husband would take advantage of me?

Ill take advantage of you if you want!

Oh Sweetie! The things I could do with you (or to you) :bigsmile: if I weren't married.

Now you're just teasing! Sleep well gorgeous!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Good night!
  • MySunshine76
    Options

Oh Sweetie! The things I could do with you (or to you) :bigsmile: if I weren't married.

It's nice to be teased, don't you think?
  • MindfulVegana
    MindfulVegana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    that's actually great advice I'll consider buying some I really NEED SLEEP!!
    Hey, Algunter,

Get out of bed (if you're in bed currently) get a book, sit down at the kitchen table, and read. Or do a Sudoku. Or pay some bills. Whatever. The goal: Get out of bed. 30-60 minutes later, your eyes will start to close on their own.

My $.02: don't do stuff in bed (ie: watch TV, surf the net with an ipad or phone, etc...) and keep the light relatively low. You want your brain to start making Melatonin.

(or pop a Melatonin or sleep aid.)

An active mind is usually your brain saying "we have to do something." Determine if it can be done now or not (pay bills? yes, you CAN do that now. Wash the car? not so much at 2:40am.) If you feel up to it, do the things you CAN, then go to sleep. ACCEPT that there are some things your mind will fret over that are USELESS. For those times, go into bed, stare up at the ceiling, and simply accept that you aren't going to get any sleep. (9 times out of 10, accepting this worry somehow lets you go to sleep, since so much of the stress is simply caused by the fear that you won't get sleep. Yes, it's circular logic, but, it works.)

Finally, if there's something bothering you (itchy tag on pajamas, the house is too warm / cool, etc...) take steps to change that. Cut off the tag. Turn up the AC/heater. Make yourself COMFORTABLE!

Then, get to sleep. :)

Gnite! :)

- Z
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Haha I love how every thread on MFP manage to have a sexual undertone

I will admit tho that is a great cure for insomnia
  • kevie1021
    Options

It's nice to be teased, don't you think?

Im not complaining!
  • kevie1021
    Options

Especially for someone with a hot body like yours!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

Haha well there keeping a hot body take a lot of work but some exercise are more enjoyable than others
  • kevie1021
    Options

Haha well there keeping a hot body take a lot of work but some exercise are more enjoyable than others

Im open to all types of "exercises "!