Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm just saying....

Cassaaaaandra
Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
I WILL loose the last 7 lbs of baby weight by the end of March. 'Nuff said. 41 weeks putting the weight on, 41 weeks to take it off.

Replies

• lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Woo Hoo, watch out, she's on a mission!!!!!!!:smokin:
  • sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    I got rid of all but my last 8 in the first 6 months, those last 8 though won't go away!! My baby turns 1 March 6th and I don't think they will be gone by then even:( I finally decided my scale was broke and just won't go below 138!!! Ok, so maybe not, but it makes me feel better to think that and at least I can wear my pre-pregnancy clothes even if they are a little tighter!
  • Cassaaaaandra
    138 was a huge milestone for me. I was no longer overweight! I don't think my 125 body is going to look like my pre-preg body, though. I was a size 2 at 127 - very lean and muscular. But I figure if I get down to 125 I can put my focus on gaining a couple lbs of lean muscle mass ... if I'm not pregnant again.
  • TaBu
    TaBu Posts: 3
    Great Job!! i'm just starting..but im trying to get where you are. Keep up the good work!
  • sallyah13
    I know, getting the weight off is only half the battle, getting the tone back is much harder! Fortunately I am a runner so that has helped, but it would have been much better to not be a total slug while I was pregnant! Plus my body seems to have reproportioned after this baby. The body does some crazy things.
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Lol. Running does help - but I have knee and back trouble from deployment in 2005. My chiropractor told me "no running until you are at your pre-pregnancy weight". It's been hard to give up... but I do get on the ellipitcal and kill it with massive resistance and incline :bigsmile: I ran throughout my pregnancy until I was about 32 weeks or so. I SWEAR this 20lbs of extra cushion came after 35 weeks when I was just to pregnant to work the floor in the icu. LOL! It got pretty ridiculous at work. So after that I laid around and stuffed my face for 6 weeks and barely did more than walk slowly!

I think you look fabulous :) I look forward to starting running again, but I'm a little skiddish because after multiple adjustments I've been pain free for 5 months!
  • sallyah13
    My first was a preemie, so when I got pregnant the second time I didn't do anything out of the crazy fear that something bad would happen so of course gained 70 pounds! Now of course I wish I had been more active and kept running, but my mind wouldn't let me! I totally see why you wouldn't want to risk being in pain again, just remember to start slow and don't do too much to quickly! I would think that 7 pounds wouldn't make too much of a difference for running so just take it easy :)
  • Cassaaaaandra
    I've thought about giving it a try. Getting bored of the ellipitcal...which is kind of weird because I never got bored of running. I think I might do 15 minutes of running and 45 on the elliptical and work my way down.
  • sallyah13
    That would probably be a great start. I have always found that the eliptical hurts my knees after just a few minutes so don't ever do that, it is funny how everyone is different and can do different activities!
This discussion has been closed.