My VERY FIRST NSV!

Options
2»

Replies

• Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Never downplay your progress! My first walk lasted 12 minutes and wore me out. Now I'm barely beginning when I get to that point and I remember every time that this is how far I made it the first time, the second time, etc. I'm up to 1.87 miles now. That first walk was .5 !
  • scrapfrfun
    Options
    I find that playing some great music always helps me pass the time while walking, I always try to have some "faster beats" songs because I find myself walking to the beat of the music. When the music gets faster so do I!!! I love walking with friends too, even though we probably go at a slower pace because we talk so much, I get quite a bit more distance in. Good Luck and CONGRATS!
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    My dog would be tired in less than a mile too. Great job getting active!
  • arellolson
    arellolson Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Your body is an amazing machine and pretty soon you will be walking miles and miles! And then running miles and miles!! Congratulations!
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job. When I started I struggled to walk a mile. Then a few weeks later I was amazed that I could walk the same distance and more feeling fine. Just keep doing more and you will be amazed. You puppy will last longer too. Lucky she is small so you could carry her is necessary. Mine is 50lbs and no way will I carry her home.
  • nikkifk
    nikkifk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    every little helps - well done! :happy:
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Great job. When I started I struggled to walk a mile. Then a few weeks later I was amazed that I could walk the same distance and more feeling fine. Just keep doing more and you will be amazed. You puppy will last longer too. Lucky she is small so you could carry her is necessary. Mine is 50lbs and no way will I carry her home.

lol she is only 6 pounds, but after a while that feels like 60! She is a good girl though, and a real trooper.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    good job keep it up! I love to walk my dog. I take him out twice a day. He's getting up in years and has bad arthritis so his walks are 20 to 30 minutes each. Any longer and I have to drag him home and then his legs swell up so bad he can't get up off the floor. When I first started our walks were only 10 to 15 minutes twice a day. If I don't get out to walk every day I miss it and so does Buddy. :happy:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options

LOL your dog is still small. I have a golden who is over 80 lbs. When we first started our walks we were both very over weight. HE was 109 lbs!! The vet even said OMG he's a fatty!! eekkkk!! I said well its time for you and mommy to make a change for the better. Now both our doctors are happy with our progress. I've taken off 45 lbs and Buddy lost 29.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options

LOL your dog is still small. I have a golden who is over 80 lbs. When we first started our walks we were both very over weight. HE was 109 lbs!! The vet even said OMG he's a fatty!! eekkkk!! I said well its time for you and mommy to make a change for the better. Now both our doctors are happy with our progress. I've taken off 45 lbs and Buddy lost 29.

Haha, my dog was overweight too! Like mother, like puppy, eh? She was 8, almost 9 pounds, she's supposed to be 5-6! She's lost a good amount of weight since we moved since she is no longer getting fed human food and has a doggy her size to play with! The other dog, Zoey, was 12 pounds and very round, she was supposed to be about 6. She's down probably to about 9 or 10 now :)
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! You seem really motivated, keep it up!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Great job and you lose more calories by carrying the dog:)
  • okiesarah
    Options
    Great job. These successes are what keeps us going. I was the same way. I think we see these post from people sometimes about running miles and miles and we get discouraged. But everyone has to start somewhere. And the fact that you kept pushing yourself is awesome. Keep it up. You are doing great.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!