40, divorced, starting from scratch

Options
2»

Replies

• Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    hey...im 38, recently separated after 18 yrs together and married for 11. i know how you feel. add me as a friend if u need support! and good luck- U CAN DO IT!
  • dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    it was the kick start i needed! the more friends the merrier so do add...
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that, but you got this!! This is a great place to be, so add some entertaining, inspirational pals, and move that *kitten* forward :) You can add me. :D
  • hickman71
    Options
    I am sorry about what you are going through but am so happy you are taking care of yourself. You can do it!
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    I was a wife and a mom for 20 years... now I have to start over, guess I should start with me. Want to drop about 55 lbs

Do it!! Everything else will fall into place! YOU come first. good luck!!:drinker:
  • JerseyPook
    Options
    I was a wife and a mom for 20 years... now I have to start over, guess I should start with me. Want to drop about 55 lbs

Hello and welcome to my boat!! I'm right there with you, honey. I'll be sending you a friends request....anyone else want to be friends? Just add me!! :flowerforyou:
  • gumster55
    Options
    You can do it, no better time to start than the present. we are all here for you! :wink:
  • meagsdionne
    meagsdionne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wife and stay at home homeschooling mom for 16 years. 2 1/2 year divorce FINALLY finalized December 31. So I started 2012 a free woman. Now I'm a working mom who's finding it a little harder to find time to work out. :{ Which is making it a tad difficult to loose those damn 15 pounds I gained when I quit smoking last Oct. Welcome, friend request sent.
  • KYBETH
    KYBETH Posts: 52
    Options
    I am getting ready to do it for the third time...This time like you, I am starting with me...Losing weight, etc. You can always find friends here that are doing the same thing. Good luck. We are all here for you.
  • Heather4275
    Heather4275 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wecome

Good luck on your loss to 55lbs. stay positive. friend request sent.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Great time to re-invent yourself. I'm turning 40 this spring and am looking to lose 40-50 pounds as well. Already lost 35. Please feel free to add me if you are looking for fitness friends. :)
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    It is so amazing to me how we as women seem to let ourselves go (even a little bit) because we are so busy with work/kids/husband/life in general and OUR needs get put on the back burner. Well now it's YOUR time! I'm sorry about your divorce, that is never easy. I commend you on wanting to get fit and healthy and finish your race with the BEST possible YOU! You may feel free to add me as well. :flowerforyou: Support is what MFP is about...and the people on here are pretty awesome.
  • katie070563
    Options
    Starting with 'you' first is the most important thing to do. I've recently separated (February) after a fairly unhappy three or so years, where I really did let myself go! :sad: My ex-husband left me.....not that he told me, I just found out when he stopped coming home, as he had found a better woman. However, in June, I gave myself a talking to, picked myself up...and started to focus on me. I've lost 26Ib so far, 21 before I joined MFP, and then just a bit over five in the last week or so. I am now starting to feel much happier, and have just met a wonderful man who has provided the first bit of normality in my life for ages :love: .....just when I didn't expect it!!

You will be amazed at your inner strength and how you will get through this....especially when you look back in a few months, years time etc. I have to say that MFP has become part of my daily life, and I have met some really lovely people here...the motivation and support is fantastic. So keep coming back everyday...it is really worth it. Wishing you lots of luck and best wishes. Do add me as a friend if you wish to.
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congradulations for making that decision!! :O)..2nd divorce 2 years ago...I gained alot, but now 9lbs away from goal...and who knows may go further!! Proud of you!!! add me if you want, or anyone wants to they can..Ive been here around 45 days I think:drinker: