Leslie Sansone

Options
Does anyone have any thoughts about her DVD's?? I used to do them regularly...then stopped. I haven't done them in awhile and I just can't decide if they're really effective or not. I'm not looking to bulk up or become some muscle bound lady...I just want to be healthy and keep myself looking good.

Thoughts??

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Oh, let me tell you, I have been doing Jillian since January off and on. Not every single day, but pretty regularly. 2 weeks ago I started doing Leslie every other day in between the Jillian workouts. Bam, this is the best results I've ever had. I do her 2 or 3 mile (mostly the 2 mile because of time).

I give it a huge thumbs up. Seriously have never felt this good.
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i usually do her videos on days when it is too cold to go out and run....i do the 4+ miles dvds and get a pretty decent burn...she really pushes you to do better!
  • chanson104
    Options
    It's all relative. You get out of whatever you put into any work out.
  • avivan
    avivan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I really like Leslie! I got really sick of the few DVDs I had because I did them all the time. Otherwise, she is fantastic. You can go easy or hard with her program, depending on your fitness level and how you feel. If you need something more intense just dig deep like she says (keep your arms moving the entire time, etc).
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie's DVD's. I have 3 of them. I am a big fan. I am now starting to see muscles in my thighs that I havent seen in a very long time!!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP...I did them regularly...and loved it! I am starting again! I say, do it!
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I used to do them before and always enjoyed them. I need to give them a try again. As long as you are moving then it is a good thing.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    LOVE her!! You really SWEAT if you put in the energy as she does!!:drinker:
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I also am a big fan of her dvd's! I pop them in the computer and then watch tv also while doing them. I esp do them when I am not very motivated and need to do 'something", so right after I get going with her I end up doing the whole hour and feel great, and so happy I decided to do it! I have the 4 mile and the 5 mile ones. And yes, you can go easy or really pump it up and get a sweat! :-)
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I so Leslie's DVDs regularly and I have a lot of them! :happy:

My favorites are ~

The Bootcamp
    Burn Body Fat
    Three Fast Miles

I switch them out depending on how I feel.

I do her workouts and I do some local trails. So far so good!! :drinker:
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I lost 145 pounds using Leslie Sansone's workouts. 2 miles a day or 3-4 if I was feeling up to it. Also threw some Jillian Michael's and Biggest Loser Wii stuff in there, but for the most part, it was just silly walking in place at home. :) I definitely recommend them. Once they get 'too easy', you can bump it up to the 4-5 mile walks or add light hand weights or jog in place instead of walking.

Be careful though not to overexercise your muscles. I really only recommend doing 30 minutes a day, because at one point, the pain while walking became unbearable. I swear I could feel the bones of my hips grinding together and I couldn't straighten my legs.
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I just did her 4 mile walk, and it was a great workout!
  • Jennhasfaith
    Jennhasfaith Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have several Leslie Sansone dvds. I really love them. However, after doing them for a period of time I find the steps very basic and getting a little bored with the same basic steps in each of her videos. i've heard her 2 newest dvds are some what different that would help to change it up a bit.

Good luck!!
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any thoughts about her DVD's?? I used to do them regularly...then stopped. I haven't done them in awhile and I just can't decide if they're really effective or not. I'm not looking to bulk up or become some muscle bound lady...I just want to be healthy and keep myself looking good.

Thoughts??

I've been doing Leslie Sansone's fat-burning dvd for several months, and try to do 2 miles 5-6 times a week. It's an amazingly effective workout that leaves me in a sweaty puddle after 24 minutes, and I've never felt or looked better. Best of all, I can do it in the comfort of my kitchen (I play it on my desktop computer). I do shake it up and have added light dumbbells and do a light jog when she is walking. I am getting lean and toned, and LOTS of compliments... :)

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kismet311
    Options
    The DVDs worked for me. It got me moving with not too much effort on my part (I didn't have to go out, could wear crummy clothes LOL). I was getting some of them from the library just to change it up since I got really bored with some of them. Does anyone remember the one where she said a certain move was coming up then she did something different and confused her walking crew? Haha I thought that was a hoot! I have not used them in a while though because I do tend to get bored but if you mix it up with other people's workout DVDs it's not too bad.
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    Bump for later:bigsmile:
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love her video's I normally do her videos when I cant get out in the fresh air, After each child I have lost weight on her videos
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I like her workouts but I usually mute the dvd and turn on my own music. Leslie gets too chatty for me!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I so Leslie's DVDs regularly and I have a lot of them! :happy:

My favorites are ~

The Bootcamp
    Burn Body Fat
    Three Fast Miles

I switch them out depending on how I feel.

I do her workouts and I do some local trails. So far so good!! :drinker:
    I agree! I have a bunch of her dvd's, but I don't think I have any of the ones you mentioned. I might have to look into them especially the first 2. I just bought one of her newer ones that has 3 videos on one dvd. Two are 2 miles and one is 4 miles, it is the power walk dvd. I like the 4 mile one.

I have done hers off and on for almost 10 years. I buy other dvd's, but hers are the only ones I really enjoy and keep going back to. I also enjoy walking outside and start doing some running inervals outside, but time hasn't permitted it.