Already my second NSV, TWO IN ONE DAY!

Options
So I posted my first one earlier, this was it:

So I've been taking my dog 3 times a week for walks that I try to make last 20-30 minutes. The first time I lasted 20 minutes, the second time, 25, and then the third was also 25. However, I only traveled about 0.6 miles round trip the first time, and just barely 0.8 miles the third. Today, I took her a different way, and I lasted 30 minutes, AND I went 1.2 miles! I know it's not great, but the fact I went over a mile before I really started to get tired is a major victory for me! I can never do that on a treadmill, and I think the fact that the weather is gorgeous and my puppy was with me made it easier. She was more tired than I was, had to carry her at one point!

Now my second is that earlier, I decided to take my dog out again before it started to rain so she wouldn't go in the house. My MIL's Godson, who is 4, asked if he could go too, so of course I said yes. We walked and talked and messed around and had a good old time, and then after a while he said he wanted to turn around and go home because he was getting tired...I looked up to see exactly where we were in relation to the house...we were exactly where I REALLY struggled to get to last week! And I wasn't even tired yet! It was a 0.8 mile roundtrip. Nearly a HALF MILE without even thinking about it or having to push myself. In total, I walked TWO MILES today! Ahhh I'm so proud of myself :) I outwalked a 4 year old, AND my dog! (I had to carry her again!)

Replies

• francesiax
    Options
    This story made me smile. Congratulations, keep up the amazing work :)
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This story made me smile. Congratulations, keep up the amazing work :)

Thank you!
  • NiteRanger0
    Options
    What is an NSV?
  • ladyicye50
    ladyicye50 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. When I started walking, I started out a little at a time. Now I am up to jogging and doing about 60 minutes of exercise per day.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Aww that is so sweet, and well done you!!

It just goes to show that you can do it! Maybe, get an Ipod or something cheaper that you can plug into your ears and distract your thoughts (and aches) I started off walking my dog for maybe half a mile and now we can walk for ages cos I just listen to some music on my Ipod and can walk for ages.

what I am trying to say is if you are thinking about how long/far you are walking for can put you off!

But great job :-)
  • twinketta
    Options
    What is an NSV?

Non scale victory. so basically something that is a good thing that doesn`t involve the scale :-)
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    NSV is a non scale victory.
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome post! Congratulations! :flowerforyou: It's such an easy exercise, helps phsycially and mentally! Keep it up!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Well done to you! they are all steps in the right direction.

My puppy has been my best fitness trainer and I find he makes walking more enjoyable and meaningful. As your fitness improves your doggy will need more and more and you'll have got there with him/her!!
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    congrats!!
  • EvikeVersits
    EvikeVersits Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Very proud of you!!!
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're doing great!

I started off with small walks too then gradually increased them.

The best I've done so far was a 7.8 mile walk.

Now I walk 3.3 miles a day (to and from work).

Keep at it and also look for places with lovely scenery that'll make the walk worthwhile!
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!!

I started in June very slowly and now it truly amazes me that Im just warming up where I used to be about falling over. Keep at it!!! You will be amazed how far you can go in another week, another month etc!
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! As far as music goes, I don't really like to listen to music. I listen to birds and cars and squirrels and dogs, and the wind and leaves and my footsteps. I kind of like to get lost in my thoughts and appreciate all the little things, like I discovered this church that has a cute little shady area and a windy little trail by it. My pup loves it because there are sticks EVERYWHERE and I get to crunch on the leaves! Love discovering new places, and I live in a really nice neighborhood that has very little crime, and it's also very pretty! So I'm very lucky. And my doggy loves spending time with me, she is really a mommy's girl!
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Great job see what happens when you are having a great time and get lost in thought.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Atta girl! Keep up the hard work! Maybe someday you will be able to run it! I've been where you are at... And now I'm tuning 10k races... Keep moving girl! U got this!
  • twinketta
    Options
    Thank you everyone! As far as music goes, I don't really like to listen to music. I listen to birds and cars and squirrels and dogs, and the wind and leaves and my footsteps. I kind of like to get lost in my thoughts and appreciate all the little things, like I discovered this church that has a cute little shady area and a windy little trail by it. My pup loves it because there are sticks EVERYWHERE and I get to crunch on the leaves! Love discovering new places, and I live in a really nice neighborhood that has very little crime, and it's also very pretty! So I'm very lucky. And my doggy loves spending time with me, she is really a mommy's girl!

Whatever works for you x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!