My First 5K at 291.3 lbs!

Options
This morning in 49 degree weather and a wind chill that made it feel 43 I completed my first 5K...not last place and definitely not first place but I completed and beat my goal time of 45 min....44:28. I knew I would walk the whole thing but, I was ecstatic when I finish and cried like a baby! In July of this year I was having a hard time of doing 2 miles in 40 min so I am very proud of my self...to top it off I lost 5.5 lbs this week as well...

First5K10-64428.jpg

Replies

• loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    congratulations! You'll be doing another one before you know it!!!!
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would say that is a successful 5K!
  • Rollacoaster2015
    Rollacoaster2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations , i know how you feel i only properly started 6 days ago and i walk 40 max and that kills me at my slow pace. But i hope one day i can do a 5k walk/run . keep up the good work hunny x
  • _danjo_
    _danjo_ Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's terrific!!
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! This a great accomplishment! It only gets easier from here!! JOB WELL DONE! :flowerforyou:
  • whynotnana
    whynotnana Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! Proud you should be. Keep up the good work and next I will be congratulating you on a half a marathon--step by step. My daughter is doing a marathon in New York tomorrow and this will be her 3rd one. I am very proud of her!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    awesome job! awesome, awesome job!!!
  • lilylight
    lilylight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's no easy thing. Keep up the good work.
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thank You! If I can anyone can!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You should be so proud of yourself! I love the picture too. Thanks for sharing your success story!:flowerforyou:
  • cmorros
    cmorros Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Just getting out there and completing the 5K is a great accomplishment - you do have much of which to be proud. Do you have another one planned? ;)
  • Raine1257
    Options
    This is an incredible motivation story for me. I joined over a year ago but I didn't do anything. In late Aug I decided I had to do this. I started at 321 and am down to 296 in 5 weeks. I have been walking but not nearly enough. I have pain when walking but I know I could do more. You story has given me new vigor. Congratulations and thank you!!!

Raine
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    You did it....THAT is the MOST important step of all. :heart: I'm so proud of you....I mean you are *doing it*...just like the commercial *just do it*....Great job and keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • j_masher
    j_masher Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!!! :heart:
  • jwilli16
    jwilli16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow you are a true inspiration! I hope someday to make such accomplishments!
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I am doing my first 5K on Thanksgiving morning. Drumstick Dash. If I can make it to the finish line....I will be happy. Not worrying what my time might be. Just making it to the finish line.
  • poofycat
    poofycat Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!! I hope to one day be able to say that I completed a 5K, too. Good job!
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!!! I hope to do one someday as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!