Lots of women friends

Options
Woodman725
Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
To my fellow male mfp'ers, do you have more men or women as friends? I seem to have ended up with mostly women friends, which is great, but I don't want to come off looking like I only look for women friends on here. I often go through my friends list and delete people not active for over a month and maybe that's where I've dropped a lot of guy friends.
I'm always looking for new people for motivation, feel free to add me. Good luck with all your goals.

Replies

• _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Me too. Although I do have a fair amount of guy friends. This place is dominated by women, so the ratio will certainly be skewed.
  • MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    dude you must never exceed a 4:1 female to male ratio on you're friends list, also it's good if you make sure you have 1 guy on you friends list on the front page. This will assure girls that you're only on MFP to lose weight and get in shape, and not just hope to see some side boob when the chicks update their profile pictures.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    There's hardly any guys on here. I have about 1 dude per page of women on my friends list.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    dude you must never exceed a 4:1 female to male ratio on you're friends list, also it's good if you make sure you have 1 guy on you friends list on the front page. This will assure girls that you're only on MFP to lose weight and get in shape, and not just hope to see some side boob when the chicks update their profile pictures.

This guy's got it down to a science! He even gave you the correct proportion. Props!
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Too much math. How am I supposed to figure all that out. It's not like I had a double major in college or something....
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    You and I are from the same cloth.......I think there are mostly women on here anyway.
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I agree with tennisbabe -- I think you need to listen to this guy! lol
  • lovebabyal
    Options
    Im almost Guilty I have 1 -2 guys on my list but will accept request of all respectful people thats trying to live a long healthy life....ETC, ETC
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Right now, I have 104 friends and 43 are men, so the 4:1 ratio is a little off!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    At least 90% of my friends are men. (I was the only girl and always hung out with both of my brothers' friends.. I get along with them better).

Edited: Oh, you meant on MFP. Perhaps 50-50? Maybe more men.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I have ZERO men on my FL and that number will not increase. I had several men on my list in the past. My news feed was either filled with posts about what protein shake they just drank or posts geared toward the hot women on their list. I eat pizza at least 3 or 4 times a week, and I really don't need to know if a woman's cleavage picture gave you wood.

I don't need men on my list to prove I take MY fitness goals seriously. The women on my list know.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options

^ Truth. Oh, and I think _JR_ is full of it. As one of his many female friends, I would be shocked to find he has more than 2 dudes on his list. Not that I'm complaining - the women around here are hot. :0)

On a side note, this thread might get on better in the "Introduce Yourself" section.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    :D I have a couple of friends who should read this!
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Same here, I had few male friends but then they were not active anymore. Do you they give up more quickly than women? I also have 1/4 ratio for some reason and it has been like that.:smile:
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Just checking if I also have one dude per page, just in case!
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I have much more female to male friend in mpf but outside in reality the story is different.
    Well, I confess watching women's beautiful shape inspire me more than watching men.

I am really curious to know what do girls do? Which one they prefer ? Do the like to be noticed by males mostly or females?
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    At least 90% of my friends are men. (I was the only girl and always hung out with both of my brothers' friends.. I get along with them better).

Edited: Oh, you meant on MFP. Perhaps 50-50? Maybe more men.
    I love you girl so much!!!!
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Yikes...just looked through my friends. Of the 45, 30 are men. Here I was thinking I like to have an even mixture......I need more women now.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i only have enough male friends so the girls don't get suspicious.... MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    this message board made for an interesting read thanks !!!! and have a good morning :) Diane