Need Friends

Options
Well where do I start. I'm 20 years old, 5'7 and weighing about 290 lbs, needing to get down to about 150lbs. I am running into health issues due to my weight and I want to lose weight to get my life back. I just finished school but all I do is sit around. I don't go out because I feel like I'm to fat to be doing what everyone else is doing that's my age.
I'm needing motivation I guess. I've tried working out before but when I go to the gym I feel like a fool. Not a darn clue as to what I should be doing, so I just stop going and I continue hiding in my house.
Hopefully starting MFP will help my motivation alot, I would like friends on here so I can see progress and not bum myself out like I always do, and some motivation.

Here we go. Hopefully I can do it this time.
<3

Replies

• lexusgirl1
    Options
    Definitely start with daily walks, start short and lengthen them, then if possible jogging.
  • phatchick1988
    Options
    I am going through pretty much the same. I want to get out and be with my family but am to embarrassed because of the way I look :( I know with the support and motivation I can accomplish my goals. I would love to help others out as well. I weigh 280 and want to get down to 180 for now. That's a major goal right now and plan on setting more along the way. :) Friend request coming your way :) Maybe we can help each other along the way.
  • wapntake
    Options
    Well where do I start. I'm 20 years old, 5'7 and weighing about 290 lbs, needing to get down to about 150lbs. I am running into health issues due to my weight and I want to lose weight to get my life back. I just finished school but all I do is sit around. I don't go out because I feel like I'm to fat to be doing what everyone else is doing that's my age.
    I'm needing motivation I guess. I've tried working out before but when I go to the gym I feel like a fool. Not a darn clue as to what I should be doing, so I just stop going and I continue hiding in my house.
    Hopefully starting MFP will help my motivation alot, I would like friends on here so I can see progress and not bum myself out like I always do, and some motivation.

Here we go. Hopefully I can do it this time.
    <3

Don't be too hard on yourself, you are still very young and have your whole life ahead of you so you have plenty of time to reach your goals, I am a 51 year old male (and well overweight) and just started doing this and I have managed too lose 3lb in this last month since i have been a member here which for me is incredible. having others watching what you eat and do helps a lot. i will send you a FR and if you like accept it.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just focus on you.

Also some people like resistance bands -- they are cheap, portable and you can use them in your own home.

Maybe you could take long walks? People love walking and if you have somewhere nice to walk you can do that privately, it can be a meditative thing. I went to a trainer to show me a workout because I felt ashamed and not knowing what to do in a gym, and I also wanted something where i could have my own routine for even if I did not have a gym or just did not want to be around others working out.