Any pregnant gals out there?

Options

Replies

• Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i am 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow. on my 3rd child. everyone is talking bout calories to consume and as i havent talked to my doctor to see if this is alright but i went to this site http://www.freedieting.com/tools/pregnancy_calorie_calculator.htm it has put basically 500 more calories in my plan then there was. i am also overweight and tend to not want to gain that much over this pregnancy and stay healthy. i am also using mfp and my knowledge to help me this pregnancy. as before i had 2 pregnancies with pre-eclampsia. my first born was born at 33 weeks. and my second one as 36 weeks. so given i learned a lil for the second but now i want to go full term as in 40 weeks not 36. lol. i hope to get more friends as all as anyone else. btw any newly pregnancies here getting nausea and fast? i feel sick alot.
  • meluc
    meluc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am 13 weeks 4 days pregnant and so far I've gained 7.8 lbs. This is my second pregnancy. I gained 28 lbs with my first child. My initial weight with baby #1 was 170 and I weighed 198 the day before her birth.

Before being pregnant with baby #2, I had lost 30 lbs using MFP. My start weight was 159. I was still considered overweight as I am 5'4, so I am hoping to not gain too much again this time around so it's easier to get back to pre-pregnancy weight after baby comes.

Good luck to you all!
  • LosingMyselfin2011
    LosingMyselfin2011 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    wow! Glad to see all the responces. I had lost 105 pounds and then right before getting pregnant I had been slacking and had gained 10 back. Now since getting pregnant I have gained another 10. I'm not sure why...other than that my body always seems to go into ultra pregnant mode from the beginning! LOL. This is my 5th baby. I am kinda in panic mode. I don't want to gain back the weight I lost. But I can't even seem to maintain! It didn't help that I never got morning sickness so I've been extra hungry from the get go! Yikes...
  • laylasmommy67
    laylasmommy67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just had my baby 3 weeks ago, and I am 4 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight
    I gained 18lbs (10 of that in the last month)

I think I lost it quick due to breastfeeding (uses 200-600 calories a day, and yes, I do eat most of those calories back)

But during my pregnancy, I only upped my calories by a few hundred and made sure to space them out as good as I could....and the weight fell off (and is still falling off, I was 153lbs 2 days ago)

Starting the gym tomorrow, even if I can only use the treadmill for a few more weeks til I am cleared.....I miss that place!
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just a big congrats to all the expecting mommies!! <3

When I got preg. I lost 20lbs my first trimester, then only gained 13lb back. It was my inspiration for continuing my weight loss after my daughter was born, and being a good role model for her.

I wish I'd done it the way you ladies are, mine seemed the backwards route! lol.
  • pilatemom
    pilatemom Posts: 111
    Options
    I am!! :) I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow. I gained 44 pounds /:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I am 18 weeks and my doctor told me that with my size (obese) I should gain only between 11-20 lbs. So far I have put on 5, which she says is perfect. I still work out and eat healthy, but starting the 2nd semester I threw in an extra 300 cals a day to stay healthy. I was so excited to find out I am pregnant, but frustrated that I had to stop losing, Now I am just focusing on being healthy for me and my little one. :) Congrats everyone!
  • BrookeMax
    Options
    Great to know there are lots of other pregnant ladies out there! I am 16 weeks and just wanting to use MFP to help me gain steadily... not too much and not too fast! Congrats to all the mommies to be ...feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jackeroo83
    jackeroo83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    13 weeks on Thursday and glad there are threads like this. I had a pretty nauseous first trimester and it seemed like only carby stuff would do -- now that I'm feeling better I'm hoping to get back into working out more regularly and eating a bit better. Would love friends to share the journey with! :)
  • Skatha89
    Skatha89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 weeks with my 2nd, I have gained 35lbs on top of the 10 I hadn't lost yet from my first son. Would love some friends on here!
  • pilatemom
    pilatemom Posts: 111
    Options
    Congratulations!! :) I'm pregnant too. I'm gained 44 pounds since I've been pregnant, not even including the 15 I was over before I got pregnant. I'm 38 weeks. Add me if you like :)
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Im also 33 1/2 weeks pregnant and so far have gained 22 pounds..
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* MFP has been great for me to track my intake and manage my pregnancy weight.
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of not tracking what I have been eating this WHOLE pregnancy and add that on top of the fact that I have been on restriction from working out this whole pregnancy i am suprised i havent gained 100 pounds...lol... Now that im in the last stretch though, i need to start concentrating more on eating better so it is a easier transition for me to track again after she comes.
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We are thinking about our second child and I was wondering how I was gonna do this but maybe I should continue to exercise and eat healthy and still maintain.
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I lost 6kg in the first six weeks of pregnancy - I'm currently 16w3d pregnant with our first child - with no morning sickess or anything. I spoke to my doctor, panicking that I had lost so much while pregnant, but he said because of how I'm doing it, it is safe for me to continue eating healthy to be healthy. Which for my body, results in pretty swift weight loss. (Took me three years to figure it out, but my body seems to be one of those ones that balloons on any processed food. But I still have the occasional indulgence in something unhealthy!!!!)

I've decided to keep eating completely healthy, with allowances for any craving. =) And I've upped my calories a little, and have just maintained and lost and gained the same few hundred grams here and there. But haven't ended up any heavier than when I found out I was pregnant. Though, I know I will probably gain some later. But as long as the baby is healthy, I'm not worried.
  • Stephanie_dee
    Options
    Hello expecting mummies! :-)

I'm currently 13+2 and I've been so lucky so far, no sickness at all, not a lot of tiredness, just a lot of constipation! (Sorry for TMI!) this is my first too so not sure what to expect from pregnancy!

I'm struggling with my weight, my exercise regime has totally changed seen as I was told that I could only walk.... :-/ I've gained 5lbs sine I got pregnant, I went from 128lbs to 132lbs (I'm 5'3)

Has anyone else been told not to exercise? I'm really finding it hard!

Good luck everyone, and please feel free to add me at anytime! I love chatting with other pregnant women!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Congrats all :)
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello expecting mummies! :-)

I'm currently 13+2 and I've been so lucky so far, no sickness at all, not a lot of tiredness, just a lot of constipation! (Sorry for TMI!) this is my first too so not sure what to expect from pregnancy!

I'm struggling with my weight, my exercise regime has totally changed seen as I was told that I could only walk.... :-/ I've gained 5lbs sine I got pregnant, I went from 128lbs to 132lbs (I'm 5'3)

Has anyone else been told not to exercise? I'm really finding it hard!

Good luck everyone, and please feel free to add me at anytime! I love chatting with other pregnant women!

Congrats on your first baby! I am pregnant with #4 and I am 14 weeks. I have exercised during all of my pregnancies, but I have been doing some higher to moderate intensity workouts this pregnancy. As long as you were active before, you shouldn't be restricted from most exercise. As long as you haven't had any complications. My midwives gave me the green light to continue Zumba, Jogging and Spinning. Just check with your practitioner if you are concerned, but most importantly, listen to your body!
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm not pregnant at the time, but with my last pregnancy, I had to entirely stop eating processed food: sugar, white flour, white rice, and any fried or junky stuff. If I ate any of this, I was in severe pain for at least half and hour and sometimes half a day! (Pain is an amazing personal trainer!) I dropped a healthy rate of weight loss while pregnant, ending up about 15-20lbs under my prepregnancy weight a week pp. And baby was a very chubby 9lbs (as you can see in my avatar!).

Once I had baby I could eat junk again without pain, and that's when I gained 40 (oh! I hate to admit it!) lbs in 6 months, and subsequently joined mfp...

Wanted to encourage you! It can be done! When I was off all junk and processed stuff, I could pretty much eat as much as I wanted/needed. I tried to balance my carb/protein, but it wasn't hard for me.

Blessings in your journies, and congrats on your pregnancies! (edited to include all you mommies!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!