Why are you losing weight?

Options
MyPaperBleedsInk
MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
Health reasons? Unhappy with your appearance? A combination of both or some other reason?
This was what I was thinking about... that and why I was gaining weight. I was sick of literally hating myself and what I saw in the mirror every day. And I wrote a blog post to get out that frustration. If anyone cares to check it out.

http://lisaborth.blogspot.com/2012/10/why-i-am-losing-weight.html

Replies

• RellaBelle
    RellaBelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Im losing weight for me. I finally got to the point where I was so sick of looking in the mirror. I've been fat my entire life, as far back as I can remember. I want to feel good about how I look, I want to enjoy shopping for clothes, Im engaged but dagummit it'd be nice to get looks from other guys every once in a while. I want to FEEL better, look better. I dont want my kids to be embarrassed of me. Im 26 right now.. I dont want to enter my 30's still fat. That's when women are suppose to be in their prime! And that's exactly what I intend on doing. Plus it'll be nice to see my ex's eyes bug out lol
  • LuluG7
    LuluG7 Posts: 38
    Options
    All of the above! One of the main reasons I'm losing weight is because I was diagonosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome and needed to lose a good 100lbs. I was also very unhealthy, unhappy and had/have no confidence at all. I've lost almost 50lbs already, still working on the next 50lbs!
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for several reasons. I'm an avid equestrian and I need to be more lean and healthy in order to feel good about competing. Another reason is my boyfriend and I have been talking about engagement and I don't want to be that woman who is rushing to lose the weight for the big day. I also just want to feel better about myself. I'm not happy when I'm overweight, simple as that! Another huge reason is I work in healthcare, and I don't believe i can really provide the best care if im not taking the best care of myself.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'd like to write "total vanity" I wish to be "chatted up" by guys again...but that's only part of it...it's good for my heart to lose the weight. :happy:
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    For longevity, for my kids, and for my fledgling entertainment career. :)
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Mainly to get skinnier than my jerk-faced 'friend'-that-I-hate. She got herself knocked up so I am working with an advantage.

I am a bad person.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mainly to get skinnier than my jerk-faced 'friend'-that-I-hate. She got herself knocked up so I am working with an advantage.

I am a bad person.

Hehe... one of the sneaky reasons I want to which I didn't mention was that all my life my one cousin has ALWAYS been skinnier than me.... at a much more healthier weight. Then she went and got knocked up three times before she turned 20..... now I'm finally the same size, if not thinner than her. And boy does it keep me motivated.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Vanity :)

....Aaaand to avoid diabetes, heart failure and cancer.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Summer dresses!
    That's seriously the only reason why.
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I believe that I am losing weight because I have reduced my caloric intake and have increased my activity level, but it could be disease or parasites.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Morbid obesity is sort of it's own reason, isn't it? But then, this thread was probably not created with people like me in mind.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I want to stop hating photos of myself, that's pretty much the alpha and omega of it for me. I am pretty happy, have a great relationship and am apparently very skilled in denial, so until I see photos I'm not that bothered about it. More than the scale and the mirror, I'll consider my goal achieved when I am no longer bothered by people posting photos of me on facebook.

Oh and also I couldn't bear the idea of being 200 pounds. That was my 'enough is enough'.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    because gaining weight is SO 1992
  • CanadianDot
    CanadianDot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Because I don't wanna die at 40? :-D

Because I'm tired of my clothes being too tight?

Because huffing and puffing is not so much fun? :-)
  • xchinad0ll
    xchinad0ll Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i not only want to look good butto feel good also meaning the way ive changed my diet actually puts me in a better mood =]
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I wanna be healthy, I wanna fit in old clothes again lol, new wardrobe,
    Get my old confidence back. all of that plus some^^
  • FranWins
    FranWins Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Definitely health reasons. I got married last year, and I want to be around a long time to enjoy the life we are building. :-)
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    Im not here to lose weight. :huh:

Im here to improve my fitness. I just happen to have lost a shed load of weight and am planning on continuing to improve my fitness until Im in that "OMFG!! How much weight have you lost??" conversation with that cheating ***** of an ex!!! :flowerforyou:

Until then, Im going to hang around with all you "losers-of-weight", if you dont mind. :laugh:
  • banshishi
    banshishi Posts: 197
    Options
    because I'm fat!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Health. Years of processed salty junk brought on a hemorrhagic stroke and diabetes. I began eating properly to reverse those issues and weight loss was a wonderful side effect.