Did you forget yourself too?

Options
Hi, I am a mum first, work full time, study and somehow, forgot my health in the mix! So, I am taking baby steps to create a healthy me and hope that I lose lots of weight along the way! I have read many inspiring success stories on this site and am starting to create my own success story in my head! Friend me if you think my journey will helps yours!

Replies

• BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I honestly think that's what happens to most of us. That, and not being properly educated.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Its an age old problem, women always put themselves last! Good on you for taking steps now - this is a great site to motivate and there's always someone to listen and help. Its good to know you're not alone!!

Good luck in your journey and remember to forgive yourself for the odd slip - I do!!
  • bigsparkles
    Options
    So true... or being educated but parking the advice because it just feels too hard! :smile:
  • bigsparkles
    Options
    Its an age old problem, women always put themselves last! Good on you for taking steps now - this is a great site to motivate and there's always someone to listen and help. Its good to know you're not alone!!

Good luck in your journey and remember to forgive yourself for the odd slip - I do!!

Thanks for the advice Barbara, forgiving the odd slip up will help!
  • danazsweet
    Options
    I relate! I forgot myself when I had kids many years ago, and I've forgotten myself now starting a business. Last two years worked to build it and now its going, I've looked in the mirror and wondered what happened! Too much food on the run, munching at the desk and unmindful eating. No exercising on top of it. Glad to be back though! Hired a personal trainer to help me get back in the habit of exercising each day and have this to monitor my food. It seems like a long road back, hopefully I will get there.
  • bigsparkles
    Options
    I relate! I forgot myself when I had kids many years ago, and I've forgotten myself now starting a business. Last two years worked to build it and now its going, I've looked in the mirror and wondered what happened! Too much food on the run, munching at the desk and unmindful eating. No exercising on top of it. Glad to be back though! Hired a personal trainer to help me get back in the habit of exercising each day and have this to monitor my food. It seems like a long road back, hopefully I will get there.

You've made a great start!! I think one of my first steps will be to reduce the size (and number) of the mirrors in my house ha ha!