One ingredient ice cream

Options
I just wanted to say that I think one-ingredient banana ice cream (sometimes w/ PB and cocoa powder) will be my saving grace. I can't believe how much it tastes like ice cream! It's just bananas!

Replies

• Icedancer94
    Options
    I agree, it's so good!
  • alanbluecat
    Options
    How do you make it?
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Yes come on, do share :)
  • sbedette
    sbedette Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This stuff is definitely amazing!

Peel and slice bananas, put in freezer inside ziploc bag. Once frozen take out and put in blender until smooth. EASY!
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This stuff is definitely amazing!

Peel and slice bananas, put in freezer inside ziploc bag. Once frozen take out and put in blender until smooth. EASY!

I have to add...make sure you have a very firm hold on the food processor or blender...because at the beginning it will be very shaky!!! Also, it does take a while to become smooth, so be patient with it.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I also make yummy smoothies with just a banana and a cup of skim silk milk. OMG Yummy!
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yes I've had it and it's great..
  • kcmo2528
    kcmo2528 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an awesome way to use extra ripe bananas! Banana bread is my kryptonite.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of bananas.. does it actually take on a different flavor, or still banana?
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I freeze my over ripe bananas and strawberries in zip lock bags and use them for smoothies. I also freeze yoghurt in iceblock trays then put them in ziplock bags and use for smoothies too.
  • Elayne10
    Elayne10 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Check out Yonanas machine. I got mine from Amazon. I use it once or twice a week for ice cream made from fruits. The base is usually bananas but I've also made it using plain pineapple or pineapple and cherries, etc. Endless combinations of fruits can be used! Delicious!
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    why didn't I think of this? Sounds amazing!!!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Tried today, love it!!!!
  • 4Elyse2012
    4Elyse2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I slice over ripe bananas into 1/4" slices, put them on a plate in the freezer for an hour or so, then blend them in my Vitamix blender until they are a soft-serve consistency. You definitely have to scrape the sides down a few times to get them all blended. If you're adding PB or something else, that helps get the blending going.

As for the taste, there is a little bit of a banana flavor, but I have found that using around 2Tblspn cocoa powder (I'm talking about unsweetened) to 2 - 3 bananas is enough to mask the flavor. Peanut butter helps too (or any other nut butter). Some people have said that the texture in your mouth can be slimy, but I think if you use slightly over ripe fruit as opposed to completely brown bananas that doesn't happen.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an awesome way to use extra ripe bananas! Banana bread is my kryptonite.

LOL.. no doubt!
  • mccbabe1
    Options
    awesome! love nana's.. def making it thnx for post/info!!!!
  • mccbabe1
    Options
    with it being fall/pumpkin time .. i bet adding a lil bit of canned pumpkin to this would make a yummy pumpkin type ice cream.. that would def hide the nanna flav too..hmmmmmmmmm:tongue:
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    with it being fall/pumpkin time .. i bet adding a lil bit of canned pumpkin to this would make a yummy pumpkin type ice cream.. that would def hide the nanna flav too..hmmmmmmmmm:tongue:

done this added some pumpkin and pumpkin spice and it was freakin bomb
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    chop a few walnuts or almonds and mix them with your icecream :)

great way to fill up calories if youre like me having trouble wirth that..