Did you find your goal weight to be too low?

Options
2»

Replies

• alychild
    Options
    I don't, but the few people I've told think it is. I'm 5'10, and my goal weight is 140lbs. It's a huge change from the 200lbs I started at, but it's a healthy weight and I don't have a particularly large frame.
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Choosing a goal weight is really tricky because there isn't any exact formula to figure it out...My primary goal is in body fat percentage...

Then you're in luck. There is a good formula to figure it out (if you know your current BF%):

Determine your current lean mass. If a girl weighs 170 lbs at 30% BF, her lean mass is 119 lbs.

Assuming she wants to maintain that lean mass and was shooting for a goal of 18%, her goal weigh would be 119 divided by 0.82, or 145 lbs. (0.82 is 1 - 0.18, where the 0.18 is her goal BF% as a decimal).
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and reached 140 a couple of months ago. I am intentionally staying here for several reasons, one is that I am lifting and want to give myself some time at this weight to see how I feel and how my body changes lifting, I also have not really lost my boobs at this weight and the third is that I suffer from terrible migraines and when I have them I am so nauseous that I can go for days without eating much. I MIGHT decide at a later time to drop 5-10 more lbs, but I won't even think about it till sometime after the first of the year.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time picking a goal weight, because it's more how I want my body to look than what the number on the scale says. I'm thinking 140-155, and everyone tells me that's much too low and I'll look too skinny, but I don't know that. I've never weighed that much at the height and build I am now, so I have no idea how I'll look. It's hard to explain, I just want that flat stomach and toned body. Not super muscle-y, not bulked up, just flat and toned and healthy and in shape, whatever that number may be!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    As an adult I've been at 58 kg for years in combination with an EU size 36/38. I'm aiming at that size range but also at being more fit and muscular then I've ever been before. So it might as well be that I get to a size 36 with a weight higher then 58 kg. I'll just have to wait and see what happens :happy:
    I'm 1.65 m btw.
  • pamperedpenguin
    pamperedpenguin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A looooong time ago I was at my ideal "goal weight" (according to bmr charts) and I got asked all the time if I was sick!
    I'm pretty tall (5'8") so being that weight made me look terrible.
    As long as my blood pressure, etc. are on track I'll be happy with a higher bmr, even if it keeps me out of the "healthy" bmr category.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!