Weigh ins

Options
Hi,

My name's Libby and I just joined the site today as I could do with shifting a good 8kg to be back at a healthy BMI. I was just wondering how often people weighed themselves?

Also any support would be more than appreciated!

Libby

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I try once a week, but sometimes i do more, because I get curious. Probably not the best idea because weight can fluctuate
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every morning like a maniac but that also brought many frustrations :)
    now I am doing the ChaLEAN Extreme program (weight training) and weigh myself 1ce every 2 weeks :)
  • greatthatsgreat
    greatthatsgreat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just joined a couple weeks ago and was doing once/week and even that was somewhat discouraging. If you're not easily put off by the number on the scale, once/week is probably fine, but I'm going to switch to once/2 weeks or even once/month. Good question, though; I'm interested in what others have to say.
  • Ronunderwood
    Ronunderwood Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Red. I weigh myself in every Monday. I joined MFP in late September, so I have only had one (1) weigh in.
    This is a great program, can't believe it's free.

Wish you the best on your own fitness program. You can add
    me as a friend if you like.

...Ron...
  • roxmysoxoffkys
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before I eat breakfast. I know that weight fluctuates daily, but I like to look at it. It keeps me motivated for that day. I like to think "I can weigh less if I eat healthy and exercise today and tomorrow will look better because of today". I know it's kind of goofy but it's helping me so far. I track my weight on here though only once a week on Mondays. I'm fairly new to this site though and it might change. :)
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site!

in the beginning i weighed myself everyday. i wanted to see what foods did what to me. see what worked and what didn't. then i started losing and was amazed, so while i planned on cutting back the weighing, i was too curious and still weighed every day. same time each day. then i stopped losing for a few weeks and kept weighing everyday to see if i started losing again. then a few weeks turned into a month. and one month turned in to two months, still weighed in every day to see if i broke thru the plateau. and eventually i did, then weighed in every day to see if i *really* broke thru, or just water weight. then i tried adding a few foods that i didn't normally eat and wanted to see what impact that had. so i weighed myself every day. now i am the lowest, i think, i have been in my adult life, so i weigh in every day to see how low that is. i think i will probably switch to maintenance mode over the next month or so, and i am sure i will weigh in every day then to see if i stayed the same. i have come to accept i am a daily weigher.

"hi, my name is scott and i weigh in every day!"

aside from all that, most people will recommend once a week. it just never worked that way for me.

good luck to you.
  • joapple11
    joapple11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It is my habit to weigh myself every Monday morning when I wake up. I have heard that you should weigh yourself at the same time every time because your weight fluctuates even in one day.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I choose to weigh once a week...it just works best for me. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like:) oh...and best of luck to you!
  • vilmafraguada
    vilmafraguada Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in once a week. Best of luck to you, this si a great program...I've tried WW and Jenny Craig and this works much better for me with great results,
  • KeyaAW
    KeyaAW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Once a week, I've noticed over the last couple of years that it may take right to the seventh day for the weight loss to show, usually within a day or two of day 7, but sometimes right on day 7. So I gave up on weighing everyday.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Once per month or less. The scale has gotten me into a lot of trouble in the past. I either ate something special to celebrate my weight loss, did the same to console myself for weight gain. As you can guess, I got nowhere with that! This time I shifted my focus to appropriate meals and water intake. I am sure weight loss will be a beneficial side effect.
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 3-4 times a week, but I only type it into MFP once a week---Sundays for me!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before I eat breakfast. I know that weight fluctuates daily, but I like to look at it. It keeps me motivated for that day. I like to think "I can weigh less if I eat healthy and exercise today and tomorrow will look better because of today". I know it's kind of goofy but it's helping me so far. I track my weight on here though only once a week on Mondays. I'm fairly new to this site though and it might change. :)

Me to, daily just in case. But only "count" my Saturday weekly one
  • iheartbiglasses
    Options
    Hey y'all. I've lost 11 pounds eating clean & exercising 6x a week with a 1 day rest/cheat meal. I used to weigh myself constantly, only to find myself disappointed. I decided to weigh myself on Friday mornings instead. It's been great so far.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I'm a bit obsessive about stepping on the scale, but not as much about the actual number. I KNOW my weight fluctuates, so I'm perfectly content plotting a bunch of numbers and seeing a really bumpy downhill slope that looks like it would like it would kill someone that tried skiing it!
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before breakfast-it keeps me accountable to myself.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself often; usually right after my workout before showering. I do this just out of curiosity, and these visits to my scale are unofficial. My official weigh-in is every Saturday morning right after I use the bathroom, and naked. I'll actually step on the scale, which is digital, three times. Three times, because everytime I show a weight loss, I just cannot believe it. Why? I have no idea why. But stepping three times just makes me feel like I've confirmed the information.

:tongue:
  • nerolimoon
    nerolimoon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month, on the 1st of the month, after I wake up. I decided to go with once a month to try to even out any weight fluctuations. I thought that every month I would (probably) have lost some weight and that would motivate me, and this is what has happened so far.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    My official weigh-in is every Saturday morning right after I use the bathroom, and naked. I'll actually step on the scale, which is digital, three times. Three times, because everytime I show a weight loss, I just cannot believe it. Why? I have no idea why. But stepping three times just makes me feel like I've confirmed the information.

:tongue:

I thought it was just me, I also let scale turn off, then turn it on againm just to confirm it is not some battery error causing a perceived weight loss. Thankfully so far it is all real and not a scale error