GNC total lean, lean 25 users?

Options
I'm looking for a weight loss/meal replacement and came across this on their site. How does it taste and have you had any weight loss success with it?

Replies

• determined_01
    Options
    no one?! : (
  • determined_01
    Options
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a weight loss/meal replacement and came across this on their site. How does it taste and have you had any weight loss success with it?

Seeing as it's from GNC, i'm going to say it's overpriced and an avg to below avg product profile wise, just a guess
  • determined_01
    Options

Seeing as it's from GNC, i'm going to say it's overpriced and an avg to below avg product profile wise, just a guess
    lol....thats probably a good guess...
  • determined_01
    Options

lol....thats probably a good guess...
    it's like 43 bucks for 1.83 lbs, guess thats a rip when i can get something from wally world for half the price with more in the container
  • Jojobean67
    Jojobean67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've used it with success in the past. I've done research on various meal replacement, and have talked to my doctor. GNC was rated in the top 4 for nutritional value, and didn't taste too bad. I do mix mine with more water than the directions call for, because I don't like the thick, gritty shakes I've had before (some brands are like trying to drink sand). The price, for what you get I didn't think was bad in comparison either. I do have a GNC Gold card, and I buy mine during Gold Card Week, which helps with price.
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I drink the GNC total lean replacement in the Strawberries and Cream flavor. They work for me as for the meal replacement because they have a good amout of nutrients in them. I will admit they are expensive on a ordinary day, but I only purchased them during Gold Card week so I will get a discount. If you get a chance, try all three flavors to determine which one you will like. Also, they have the powder ones if you want to make them on your own. I tried the powder ones and that was a no-go. As for weight loss, I think they work. It is my problem that I am not losing as much as I want to (sugar invasion). Other than that, the protein shakes work because from my experience and others, it is go-to product.
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I've used it and personally wouldn't recommend it. If you have a significant amount to lose (maybe 30+) then yes you will drop weight, but if you're looking to lose a little less, it won't really help you as much as just a lifestyle change. Also, sometimes it can make you feel deprived which opens up a whole can of worms as far as making yourself discouraged about weight loss. Good luck! But I really do recommend staying away from it!
    Super pricey too
  • determined_01
    Options
    I've used it and personally wouldn't recommend it. If you have a significant amount to lose (maybe 30+) then yes you will drop weight, but if you're looking to lose a little less, it won't really help you as much as just a lifestyle change. Also, sometimes it can make you feel deprived which opens up a whole can of worms as far as making yourself discouraged about weight loss. Good luck! But I really do recommend staying away from it!
    Super pricey too
    I have 44 lbs to lose, and will be doing C25K and P90X. I'm basically looking to drink it as breakfast or after my morning workout. Would you still recommend it? I really dont dig the price either...
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Super pricey too
    I have 44 lbs to lose, and will be doing C25K and P90X. I'm basically looking to drink it as breakfast or after my morning workout. Would you still recommend it? I really dont dig the price either...

personally since you are being super active and really changing your lifestyle there's no need to get those pricey mixes. Try Spiruteen and mix it with veggies and fruit or just find healthy alternative smoothies online. I know i myself along with many people have had more success doing the drinks on their own.
  • dannigirl1
    Options
    I drink total lean-lean shakes in vanilla. it taste pretty good i have heard it one of the best tasting protein shake people have used. i drink them in the pre-made version but you can get them in a powder form which alot of people make healthy smoothys from. it also come in chocolate and strawberry and i saw they had some seasonal flavors but im not going to try them. they have some sample packets at the store so you can try them before you by more.
  • messmyer39
    Options
    i drink the total lean 25 and i guess i dont understand some of the posts being put up. if you are a gold card member you can get them buy one get one half off. Add the 10$ off coupon my wife got for doing nothing and i paid 41$ out the door for 32 servings how is that expensive? they have 25 grams of protien low carbs and taste good. they have worked well for me. i do agree that a life style change is the most impportant but i feel the Total Lean shakes are a good buy
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I drink one pretty much daily for breakfast. I do it for the protein and for the convenience. Sometimes I drink one at work too. When you buy them on sale and with a coupon and purchase them through MrRebates they are not pricy at all. I like the following flavors (some are seasonal):

Orange Cream (My fave)
    Banana
    Key Lime (seasonal)
    Peppermint Mocha (seasonal)
    Cinnamon Apple (seasonal)
    Pumpkin Spice
    Mixed berries
    Chocolate Peanut Butter

I mix them with water and ice and sometimes depending which powder I'm using I will mix in a fruit. For a treat, I mix the orange cream with pineapple and *kitten* a couple drops of coconut flavoring Delish.
  • hahaitsjessica
    Options
    I have just started on the total lean 25 shakes this week and have lost two pounds already! I love them! I have tried a couple other protein shakes and been so disgusted I could not finish them. However, with total lean 25 they have so many flavors! I started with cookies and cream and I think it taste like a cookies and cream milkshake. So good! Today I bought cinnamon bun and apple cinnamon. I have a gold card with GNC and it's buy one get one half which is a good deal in my opinion. Everyone has their opinions on what is better or not better but for me this is working so far!
  • Kiara2170
    Options
    i was thinking of doing total lean 7 day fast lost ive done it before but never finished it , i also bought the total lean 25 and never followed up.... now i want to just dont know if i should get the 7 day fast lost or the lean 25, any ideas?
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I have used it but for a protein shake with fiber, not for a meal replacement. The chocolate is tasty. I have a Gold Card but it's still to expensive.