Do men prefer natural or glam?

Options

Replies

• trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Both. But glam usually does it for me. Especially when there is real intelligence behind it.

Also, I find it more than a little amusing how this thread always comes up and most guys claim to like natural. yet they relentlessly flirt with glammed up girls. You know guys, it's ok to admit you like pretty women who care about their appearance.
  • danafoxx
    Options
    I don't care what men prefer, because I'm going to do what I want regardless of what anyone else wants or thinks.

this this this!
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Both are great in appropriate settings.

Too much glam is for movie stars on the red carpet.
  • APawli1224
    APawli1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ive come to find out most men like a put together woman rather than natural or glam.. As long as it seems as if you have your life together you are pretty good to go I think
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't care what men prefer, because I'm going to do what I want regardless of what anyone else wants or thinks.

~stands and claps~ YAY!!!!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options

<3

this!

on a weekend when i'm going out i like to make more of an effort. normal everyday work wise its pretty professional and natural.

i dont doll myself up for some guy, i get dressed to look good for MYSELF every morning :drinker:

i think it also depends on where you live. when i lived in london, i always felt undredressed as people go over the top. fake nails, hair extensions, fake tan, make up caked on etc. here where i live now, i'm seen as glam!

and hey, i;m not going to change for a guy. like me as i am! :happy:

(disclaimer: attitiude included. not optional)
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Both. But glam usually does it for me. Especially when there is real intelligence behind it.

Also, I find it more than a little amusing how this thread always comes up and most guys claim to like natural. yet they relentlessly flirt with glammed up girls. You know guys, it's ok to admit you like pretty women who care about their appearance.

so true!!
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    depends are we headed to the gym? then Nat, are we going to Ruth Chris then Glam

Good answer.. Really tho just do what makes YOU feel good! Then you will attract someone that appreciates you for you. People spend so much time worrying about what others think.. when really the only opinion that matters should be your own.. =) Looks will get yah in the door but personality will keep yah around..
  • TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    I only speak for myself. If there are other guys who agree, great, but meh. If you can look good in something simple without heavy makeup, that says to me:

1. I am comfortable in my own skin.
    2. I like how I look and know I look good.
    3. You care about your appearance, aren't obsessed about it.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Feelin' pretty good right now about being too lazy to do anything more than mascara and tinted lip balm :smokin: .

And yeah, I live in London too. I don't care how everyone else wants to look, I ain't putting on ****loads of make-up just to fit in.
  • ati2de
    ati2de Posts: 1
    Options
    Natural can be seen as an excuse to be lazy and let yourself go, while depending on how you define "glam" it can be seen as over the top and way too much. I think it is more important to take care of yourself and be "put together", whether you are a guy or a gal.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    guys; what do you consider glam? Inquiring minds would like to know!
  • TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    I know which of these outfits would turn heads and which I could wear and be pretty much invisible.

IMG_5035.jpgIMG_5283.jpg

It's not like you look like you just jumped out of bed or haven't showered in ages. You look good in both pics, to me. Just sayin!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options

Very true.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Better question is why do you care?

I wear makeup but it's not to make me look prettier. It's an artistic expression and part of who I am. Sometimes I'll do a geisha look, sometimes a 1930's look or a 50's look. It's part of my style. I'm not going to change how I look or who I am based on what some random internet guy thinks.

BTW I look great without it too.

Exactly.....I'm quite happy with my appearance and enjoy wearing nothing but a sundress the majority of the time, but I adore fashion, especially vintage so I love dressing up too. When working I like to look sleek, polished and professional and will throw on mascara and lip stick or gloss. I don't go out often but when I do I I'll wear a bit more makeup, bracelets or earrings, and heels.
  • mvatrail
    Options
    O Natural . .
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I do both but mostly glam. I agree with most comments from the girls. Guys always seem to look at a girls that are glammed up with makeup and a nice outfit that shows off her figure compare to a girl in T-shirt and sweats.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Cyborgs. Better get to work.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I know which of these outfits would turn heads and which I could wear and be pretty much invisible.

IMG_5035.jpgIMG_5283.jpg

It's not like you look like you just jumped out of bed or haven't showered in ages. You look good in both pics, to me. Just sayin!

I think if you used the same amount of make up with the shorts, you'd still look very glam in the red dress!!
    I think is you were in a shorts kinda environment, you'd get looks :D