If I Eat I Will Throw Up

Options
I had something at Dunkin' Donuts that has made me so nauseated that I feel like I will throw up if I eat anymore today. I have 793 calories to eat yet and I am in aqony. Do I eat or not?

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I would try to drink more liquids rather than forcing yourself to eat when you feel like your going to get sick.
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    All that sugar probably made you sick, if you're not used to it. I can't eat doughnuts anymore. You don't use it, you lose it!

Try drinking lots of water / tea / liquids to help flush the sugar out of your body. It will empty your stomach and you can eat later.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a donut - I had a chicken salad sandwich and coffee. But drining water sounds like a possibility. I'll try a glass and see if I can handle it.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you're really this nauseated, then no you probably shouldn't eat. One day under your calories won't hurt.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Don't eat. Stick with clear liquids, then bland foods once the nausea passes.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Don't eat. Stick with clear liquids, then bland foods once the nausea passes.

Great advice. You may have food poisoning, and eating more food might make it worse. I hope you feel better soon!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm going with not eating. Thank you for your support. I've tried some water and my stomach is not happy.
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If it's that bad you may need to go to the hospital. It could be food poisoning.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    don't eat if you aren't hungry.
    it's really not that difficult.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I would just throw up.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    If you're really this nauseated, then no you probably shouldn't eat. One day under your calories won't hurt.

^This!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    ^^ Yeah.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    try some caffeine-free (not diet) coke or ginger ale... fizzy, it has some sugars to keep your body getting some sugars, and will feel good. it helps me EVERY time i ever get sick. I had really bad food poisoning once, and coke was the only thing I could keep down. made me feel a LOT better.

*edit* I should say I NEVER drink soda, except very rarely. I also think soda's terrible as an every day drink, but this could totally help: try it!!
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If it's that bad you may need to go to the hospital. It could be food poisoning.

What she said.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes very well could be food poisoning if you ate chicken! I've been in hospital for it and it wasn't good!!!!

Hope you are better soon.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I would just throw up.

Yep, me too.. I hate the feeling of "oh no am i going to vomit???" so I'd rather get it over with
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I would try to drink more liquids rather than forcing yourself to eat when you feel like your going to get sick.

THIS^^^^
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    try crackers and 7up (warm not cold just room temperature)
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I had something at Dunkin' Donuts that has made me so nauseated that I feel like I will throw up if I eat anymore today. I have 793 calories to eat yet and I am in aqony. Do I eat or not?

With all due respect......Im curious more than anything else. Why would you need to post asking for advice over being "so nauseated that I feel like I will throw up if I eat anymore today" ? Normally if you're THAT nauseated the average person would know not to eat. Just because you've embarked on a lifestyle of change to losing weight and eating healthy doesnt mean normal caution gets thrown out. If one of your friends or kids told you this, would you have to post asking others or would you council them to give the tummy a rest and not eat?? Calorie counts dont change being nauseated, or throwing up for that matter. Doesnt matter if you have 700 calories left or a thousand or 1..........if you're nauseating simply dont eat and antagonize the tummy

Hope you feel better soon. Fluids and rest.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I would just throw up.

Yep, me too.. I hate the feeling of "oh no am i going to vomit???" so I'd rather get it over with

And when I feel I must toss what I've eaten because it is making me sick, I drink a very black cup of tea. The tannin's almost immediately go to work and I can toss the bad stuff. Thank goodness I have only had to do this a few times.

Then I start to drink lots of water and chicken soup and I start to feel better.