Sunday opinion. Should a man wear cologne to an

Options
2»

Replies

• KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i think men should always wear cologne. I love a good smelling man. Just don't go overboard.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Polo. By the gallon.

Then when I go in for my interview, it's literally a breath of fresh air for my new boss.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Real good body wash and antiperspirant is all you need.
  • bostongeek
    bostongeek Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Cologne either makes my eyes itchy or makes me want to gag, so I am Team No Cologne. The problem is people love it or hate it, and I'd think you don't want to risk your interviewer being someone who hates it on the off chance it's someone who loves it.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't. I don't like the smell of most cologne - it gives me a headache. You never know who is going to be in the interview room, why risk it?

^^
  • LordByproduct
    Options
    its unnecessary, however if it builds your self confidence then its seems okay. i would still listen to many of the reply's youve got here and be VERY careful not to use too much. my mom told me something that stuck and although itts meant for a date situation the rule is always the same. you want to put such a small amount on that the woman wants to get closer NOT get away.

last piece of advise...choose a fresh, daytime scent. like a citrus clean type smell. i like aqua de Gio because its universally clean and unoffensive. kinda the exact opposite to drakkar noir.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you stink. Check out if the interviewer is a chick though as she might think you're attempting to charm her.

this is from experience.

I LOVE YOUR TICKER
  • TarynK11
    Options
    Thanks all
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Nooooooooooooooooooo!!! :noway:
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    yah as long as it not that much...and plus if they get the job then people wont like the smell after so be who you are at interview as the real job...and then should a lady wear perfume to an interview? (i say yes same answer as the man)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I always wear a little acqua di gio by Armani but I don't go overboard with it
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Only if it's Bleu de Chanel.

Bleu_de_Chanel_Holiday_B.jpg
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    No cologne! A lot of people suffer from allergies and cologne is a nightmare for someone with sensitivities. The last time my hubby wore cologne I was pregnant and we were about to get in the car for over an hour. He never wore it again... Take a shower every day and you don't need cologne.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you stink. Check out if the interviewer is a chick though as she might think you're attempting to charm her.

this is from experience.

you look like you are 16. what experience are you possibly talking about?
  • CanadianDot
    CanadianDot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would say to do the whole 'spritz in the air and walk through the cloud' thing.

Just once.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    No cologne! A lot of people suffer from allergies and cologne is a nightmare for someone with sensitivities. The last time my hubby wore cologne I was pregnant and we were about to get in the car for over an hour. He never wore it again... Take a shower every day and you don't need cologne.

Very much agree. I took part in an interview once where something about the guy's cologne was just killing me. I had a coughing fit and had to leave the room. My boss, one of the other interviewers, thought it was amusing. :(
  • ChaChaChaCharlie
    Options
    Hi

I see there are a lot of "women-folk" around here :laugh:. Could you tell me what do you think about the perfume I'm wearing. Link to it: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/yves-saint-laurent-lhomme-libre-fragrance-collection-for-men?ID=608691&CategoryID=30088&LinkType=#fn=sp=2&spc=1355&ruleId=57&slotId=73
    I did have a little on for the job interview.
  • TarynK11
    Options
    He had the interview today. No Cologne, we shall see how it goes.