You want motivation?

Options
My biggest tip after reading a lot of today's posts would be this- if you want to be fit and happy- STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS. You can use other people and famous bodies as a "mental tab" as something to work towards, but no two bodies are ever going to be alike. Start focusing on your good qualities, and the qualities that you want to work on. Stop looking at that size 2 actress with the large breasts and tiny waist and going "I will look like that if it kills me" because 1.)it might (i've battled eating disorders, not a pretty path to jump on) and 2.) not everyone naturally is born built like that and 3.) you don't know what she is doing to get that body (working out, starving, etc) or how much of her is natural. It is too easy in today's "connected" world to know what everyone else is doing. Stop worrying about them. It only stresses you out, decreases your own self image, and takes away precious time you could either be dedicating on bettering yourself or precious time that could be spent learning to be happy. Happiness is not a goal, it is 85% choice, 10% hard work, and 5% life circumstances and chance.

One step at a time leads to the view from the peak of the mountain. Focusing on the journey of everyone else on leaves your neck sore from gawking as they trek the mountain. Start the climb yourself and re-evaluate your goals and self image. :smile:

Replies

• ritza4321
    Options
    Good Post! :bigsmile:
  • PaprikaPrincess
    PaprikaPrincess Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Very true!
  • JLD81
    JLD81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    :) Thanks. Just think too many people hurt themselves rather than help by doing this....
  • niftyfifty47
    niftyfifty47 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow such wisdom from one so young. You've really got things in perspective.
  • JLD81
    JLD81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow such wisdom from one so young. You've really got things in perspective.
    Thank you :happy:
  • niftyfifty47
    niftyfifty47 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Was just so amazed to see a young girl who wasn't obsessed with looking like all the very fake "celebrities" oictured constantly in the media. :-)
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I like others pictures and stories because it shows me that it can be done. If people with bigger struggles than mine and people with better excuses than mine can do it, than so can I.