Do you have any "rules"?

Options

Replies

• argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I'm hungry, drink a whole glass of water or seltzer first. Then if still hungry in 10 minutes, I allow myself to eat. (I have a really hard time telling the difference between hunger and thirst apparently!)

Pre-log foods when I'm going out to eat -- (make better choices this way).

Bring my lunch to work at least 3 days per week.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I think I have one real "rule" and that's: Don't stress too much about things! We mess up sometimes, just push yourself to do perfectly tomorrow, because you can't change what you already ate :)

I do have several things that I do though, like eating the vegetables of my dinner first, so that if I get full early on in the meal, I'll have filled up on the healthier portion of it :)
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1) Burn more calories than I eat.
    3) Record my meals.
    2) Eat whole foods more times than not. I've found when I eat whole foods not only do I eat better but I get more for my calories and I reach my fiber goal and reduce my added sugar intake.
    3) I don't drink my calories unless its a alcoholic beverage :) which I limit.
    4) Have fun and experiment with recipes. Healthy eating does not have to mean deprivation or bland food. I've found some very tasty meals that are healthy and filling!!

Now my goal is to add exercise - I have no trouble with food but motivating myself to workout - epic fail!
  • malicent
    malicent Posts: 127
    Options
    My only rule is to rule out rules! Seriously, rigidity with my diet kills me. As long as I know I'm maker better choices, that's all that counts. ^_^
  • RzRzRzR
    RzRzRzR Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Avoid Sugars, Salt, Dairy, Other Fats, and Caffeine!
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    No eating after the kids go to bed! I'm horrible...with 4 small kids i find i don't eat much during the day and then they go to sleep and i binge! So just really working hard to eat small meals during the day and tell myself "im done for today will have to wait till tomorrow for those chips"...it has helped a lot!
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    1) Ceaseless Practice....
    2) Only 3 bags of Homestyle Popcorn per Relapse.....
    3) See rule #1

whoa....that leg of yours. I will follow whatever rules ruling you pt85!!
  • braga1992
    Options
    I fast from 9 PM to 3PM. Try to get around 180-200g of protein. 250 or less carbs with about 50g fat. Usually its a 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat split.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    1) hit my calorie target
    2) hit my macros
    3) strength train 4 x a week, life allowing

That's it.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to feed my face at the Galley, I have to eat all of my fruits and veggies before the 'bad for me stuff'.

However, I try to keep my sodium kind of lowish, so Galley trips are few and far between any more.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

I tried rules for the first year I was losing weight and I broke them all the time. I gave myself more room and I did better.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I only had two rules:

1) Don't go over my calories

2) Don't eat things I find vile just because they're healthy
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    For me it's so not about rules. It's about choices.

This.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Only whole grains and raw foods! I try to eat foods that are closest to their original forms.
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1. Never skip a meal
    2. Sunday, tuesday, and thursday are non-negotiable gym days. Ideally I would go 6 days a week, but when things get really busy I have to make sure I go on those 3 days, as if they were scheduled appointments.
  • lrcross
    lrcross Posts: 42
    Options
    For me it's so not about rules. It's about choices.

This I agree with.
    I have no hard and fast rules...but if I had to pick one, it would be "don't quit".
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    NO diet Soda, no low fat or fat free dairy products!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Dont have rules really but i do a few things regularly: I eat less and move more than I ever did and will continue to do so. I drink as much water as I can each and every day. Also I try to have protein with almost every meal.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Right now mine are kind of like this:

1. no eating after 8 (preferably, not mandatory)
    2. cardio 3x a week
    3. 4 hours between meals

I'd rather see them as guidelines than "rules" per say. I mean if I don't follow one I won't fall into depression. But they go in hand with how I wanna live my life. So I'd like to practice them, & let them become habit.
  • careyannal
    Options
    It's only ok up to the first knuckle. Otherwise it's exit only.

ohhh my god. :sad: