poll: do you...

Options

Replies

• 3littlegirls
    Options
    Measure most things..

My regular things I can eyeball (I know 1 serving of cereal is exactly one "kid" bowl. And 1 cup of milk is one of the small glasses, And my water cup is 1.5 cups filled). But everything else I measure (volume or weight).
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i measure some stuff and estimate others depending what it is, and where i am at///
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I weigh/measure meat, nuts, and some liquids
    I estimate green veggies.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    enter your own info in the database or pick the closest thing if it's not there?

Measure, and enter my own if the item doesn't have the correct info. :smile:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    For the first 6 months while I was really working on weight loss I religiously measured/weighed everything. After that I began to slack off a bit, estimate some stuff here and there.

At this point I probably weigh/measure about 1/2. Lots of days I don't even bother logging dinner. I tracked the first 2/3rd of the day, I know what I can have for dinner and I know how big it is and what it looks like and as long as Mr. Scale stays below 210 and I can see abs I'm a happy guy.

But it took me a long time to get there,,,
  • melnatsim
    Options
    I mostly Measure, but I do like to weight at least once every 3 weeks
  • melnatsim
    Options
    I mostly Measure, but I do like to weight at least once every 3 weeks:flowerforyou:
  • melnatsim
    Options
    I mostly Measure, but I do like to weight at least once every 3 weeks:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Measure when I can, estimate when I can't. Measuring REALLY helps!

ditto

Double ditto:drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    For the first 6 months while I was really working on weight loss I religiously measured/weighed everything. After that I began to slack off a bit, estimate some stuff here and there.

At this point I probably weigh/measure about 1/2. Lots of days I don't even bother logging dinner. I tracked the first 2/3rd of the day, I know what I can have for dinner and I know how big it is and what it looks like and as long as Mr. Scale stays below 210 and I can see abs I'm a happy guy.

But it took me a long time to get there,,,
    :laugh:
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I measure
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I measure meat, fat, and dairy. Veggies and fruit I estimate (and hope I estimate low!) :happy: :tongue:
  • marjaskow
    Options
    measure
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    measure!!! obsessively! :tongue:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Both, but I always feel a little ... not guilty, but not quite right if I don't measure. Usually my measuring spoons and cups are in the sink, and I'm too lazy to wash them. :)

I don't have food scales though, so anything that needs to be weighed is generally a guess.
  • djfshop
    djfshop Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Both
  • chrissy7
    chrissy7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    measure unless i'm out
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    estimate
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    If it's something I eat a lot, I can guestimate (ie salad and veggies). If it's something I really love and may go overboard on, I get out the measuring cup. Last night I was actually counting my pasta noodles to make sure it came out right lol.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I weigh my food on a food scale. I've also found that if something says 1/4 cup or (XXX grams) that the grams may not equal the 1/4 cup. So I go by grams on the food scale.

I was overeating some things because I was using 1/4 cup instead of grams which was 50% more grams than the serving size on the package.

if any of that makes sense.