No more McDonald's... EVER!

Options

Replies

• ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I have a BigMac once a month. NBD.

Its all about control. (*justdontlookatmydiaryduringvacationplznthankyouO_O*)
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'd bet if you did that with ANY meal it would be gross!

I love McD's breakfasts!
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Never say never and never say always. Lol. I think all foods would look nasty once digested in tummy :-/. Everything in moderation.

What she said. Moderation is the key.
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    as I read this I'm thinking about some fries and a rollo mcflurry! I guess it's good I'm stuck on campus with no car! ;) I actually haven't had McDonald's in forever (allergic to wheat and not a good place to eat) but oh how badly I want it lol oh well, you can't always have what you want!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i stopped after watching super size me when he put that big mac up on top of the shelf and came back 6 months later and it was still in the same condition and reading fast food nation. i highly recommend that. havent eaten fast food in over 8 years because of it. traded my car in 5 years after reading that book and found french fries from mcdonalds still in there and still in the same condition. yuck.
  • cheshirequeen
    Options
    :bigsmile: 9,000 POINTS IF YOU KNOW WHERE THIS IS FROM:

"Now's the time of the meal when you start getting the McStomach ache. You start getting the McTummy, the Mc--you get the McGurgles in there... you get the McBrick, and you get the McStomach ache. Right now I-I got some McGas that's rockin'."

-wipes forehead-

"Phew. My arms--"

"You sweatin' there?"

"My arms, I feel like I got some McSweats goin'. My arms got the McTwitches goin' in here from all the sugar that's goin' into my body right now... I'm feelin' a little McCrazy."

ironically i just mentioned seeing this haha. supersize me
  • almalaurathomas
    Options
    I ate McDonalds for the past four years straight, sometimes more then once a day. I have been "off McDonalds" as I like to say, for about 3 weeks now. I literally went through withdrawals. It was sick. I felt like I had to eat every hour or I would pass out. I would get super weak and shaky. I am finally getting over these symptoms! I will NEVER eat McDonalds, ever again! I even watched Super Size me and that didn't steer me away from it. My diet isn't the healthiest right now, but it isn't McDonalds anymore, and I pride myself on that!
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My fiancée likes to get the grilled chicken burger there sometimes while we shop. I like the fruit and walnut salads. The yogurt has more sugar than I would personally like, but it makes a tasty on the go snack.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    i work at McDonalds and i dont think you really look past the Big Mac meal with fries and a coke....and with monopoly going on you probably get it large size..but the truth is mcdonalds have a great healthy menu as well. lots of items that are 400 calories or less. and with the oatmeal, salads, wraps and grilled chicken sandwiches you can eat healthy, and they are trying to let you know how many calories are each sandwich and meal on the menu board...of course if you eat tons of fast food it wouldnt be good for you but if you exercise and eat a balance diet you will be fine.

I used to work at McDs before the salads and parfaits. It used to be all burgers and McNuggets. I'm glad to see that salads and parfaits are on the menu. They used to fry the apple pies; now they're baked.

Of course, too much of one thing is bad for you. Someone tried a solid month of McD's food. The movie 'Supersize Me' documents what happened.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Haha my cousin (second cousin? Our grandmas are sisters) & I used to do that when we were kids......pretty much any time we went out to eat and the grandmas weren't watching.....when we were kids. Food, drinks, condiments....as much as possible. She ended up a biologist, and me a nurse :)

I do still like McDonalds occasionally, but as I've aged the burgers (except the angus burgers) leave me queasy.
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Yesterday I discovered something wonderful to disgust me from McDonald's for ever :tongue:

A friend of mine took a menu (while I was resisting the temptation). At the end, as we discussed, we were asking ourselves what does a McDonald's Menu looks like in out stomach. So we put all the leftovers (~6 fries, a bit of burger and about a spoon of Sundae) in his coke and mixed a little..... that was an olfactory apocalypse, I fell really awful and my friend went to throw up :sick:

Simply imagining that my stomach would smell this every time I eat at McDonald's has really cut any desire of burger :laugh:
    (If you are addicted to McDonald's, try this... :tongue: )

thank you for adding the faces, because seeing those while reading this just made my night haha
  • Jme03
    Jme03 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've worked at McDonald's for 12 years. Over the summer, they moved my position from the restaurant to the area office. Since I've not been working in the store, I've been eating our food a lot less often and have GAINED 15 lbs. That is what motivated me to join this site.

If you eat a double quarter, fries & coke every day, of course you won't be healthy. My favorite mcd's meal is a grilled classic, sub bbq for the mayo, and a fruit & yogurt parfait.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You are right! Fast food is bad for you no matter how "healthy they try to make it look" (Subway)...Food is like a drug. Especially fast food. If you have lived for years putting that stuff in your body it is going to take some serious detoxing and its going to be very difficult! ..But its worth it. I just visualizes all that food like poison or like pure Crisco. I wouldn't set down and eat a tub of Crisco and I'm not eating that stuff either! lol Awesome experiment btw!!!

Not quite sure why you're down on Subway... I can eat a healthy sandwich there for less than 300 calories that has a wider assortment of veggies than I currently have in my fridge. It is all about your choices - and you could make them just as poorly at home. I've had lots of success there - and the price is right. Of course, I don't add the chips and soda...

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I said no to McNastys 17 years ago and have never been back there. 7 out of my 8 kids have never eaten there. Every time I would eat there I would get sick. It was just not worth it to keep trying. Plus after you watch Supersize Me or Food Inc you will find it difficult to eat fast food at all!!
  • cheshirequeen
    Options
    I said no to McNastys 17 years ago and have never been back there. 7 out of my 8 kids have never eaten there. Every time I would eat there I would get sick. It was just not worth it to keep trying. Plus after you watch Supersize Me or Food Inc you will find it difficult to eat fast food at all!!

good for you. my son is 4 and has never tasted any fast food places. havent eaten at fast food restaurants in over 8 years
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    read fast food nation you'll never eat fast food again
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    For a greater visual impact, view Morgan Spurlock's "Super Size Me" documentary: http://www.hulu.com/watch/63283
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    to be honest..i work at mcdonalds - the food is all real. whether you believe it or not. also the conditions are much more cleanly than you make thing too. i know there are tons of calories and it's not healthy, but it's definitely not as disgusting as some people are saying. it won't kill you. any food would look gross all mixed up in a cup of soda. obviously.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    A McChicken sounds pretty good right about now.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    to be honest..i work at mcdonalds - the food is all real. whether you believe it or not. also the conditions are much more cleanly than you make thing too. i know there are tons of calories and it's not healthy, but it's definitely not as disgusting as some people are saying. it won't kill you. any food would look gross all mixed up in a cup of soda. obviously.

Agreed. I paid my dues in college at our local Hardee's. That was all I could afford to eat some days. On our AYCE chicken days, the employees would split up the leftover chicken and biscuits at the end of the night. Again, not healthy choices, but when you are living below the poverty line, you do what you have to to survive. Free food and a roof over my head were preferable.

There are better choices available at all restaurants these days, and if you get creative you can have healthy meals just about anywhere. It takes practice and a little will power. Once your taste buds get used to the high fat, high salt, and high sugar, you tend to crave these items, and it takes awhile to break the habit. McDonald's was my go-to stress binge of choice, and the last high-stress situation we had in our house (Emergency surgery for my husband) had me running there. Not only could I not finish it, I was nauseated for a couple of hours. The good news in all of this is that I'll be unlikely to crave it again, and I've finally, after many years, broken a very unhealthy habit.

To the OP: That wouldn't gross me out at all. Then again, I'm an ER nurse.