Progress Pics 50lbs+ Down.... WITH PCOS!

Options
Joannie30
Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
At the beginning if this year I was the heaviest I have ever been. It was established that in addition to my awful and mindless eating habits over the years, i also had PCOS (as most fellow sufferers out there know it causes weight gain). I felt tired ALL the time, sluggish, had the most horrendous heartburn and headaches on a daily basis. Something HAD to give....

This was me at my heaviest (around 215-220lbs)

268332_10150244026448011_2720108_n.jpg

This was me a wee while on after MFP, but no exercise whatsoever at this point...

166095_4056294896688_1205548176_n.jpg

9 months on, mindful eating and exercise 161lbs. Heartburn gone, headaches gone, energy levels up and blood sugar back under control!!

IMAG0198.jpg

Can anyone notice a real difference?

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodnes girly ! great job!
  • Chunk2206
    Options
    Amazing difference. You're looking great!!

What sort of exercise did you do?

Well done
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Well done, I have PCSO and I know how hard it is well done
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Do not know what PCOS is but the exercise has made a wonderful difference- you should be pleased!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and would suggest that it doesn't -cause- weight gain, rather means that it is easier to gain weight and harder to lose it. However you are great proof that it is possible! well done :)
  • MrsD89
    MrsD89 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome achievement!! You look great :smile:
  • Cookie1984
    Options
    I also have PCOS and noticed after giving birth to my son that was hardest time for me to lose weight. 4 years later and I'm still trying!! However I must say MFP has been great!! Well done you look great!!
  • Joannie30
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Chunk2206: I do 30-45mins cardio on my stationary bike 4-5 days a week and i've recently started incorporating a bit of strength training in there too a few days a week.
  • StrawberrySprinkles
    Options

YES! There is a difference! You have a waist now! A lovely beautiful waist. Women will be envious that you managed to keep your boobs! :D *claps hands excitedly!*

You should be very very very proud. :)
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    As a PCOS sufferer, I do love a success story - well done you! Your hard work has paid off - a good feeling not being governed by our ovaries!
  • Joannie30
    Options

YES! There is a difference! You have a waist now! A lovely beautiful waist. Women will be envious that you managed to keep your boobs! :D *claps hands excitedly!*

You should be very very very proud. :)

Wow thank you!!!

Every so often i have- as everyone does- a "feeling fat day" when i look at myself and i see NO difference whatsoever. It makes me feel awful. Today is one such day so i thought i'd try this way to give myself a different perspective.

I've gone from a (uk) size 20 to a size 12 my boobs have only gone down by a fraction of a cup size. They were H before and now they're inbetween GG and H lol. It's not all it's cracked up to be- they'll be in my slippers in 20 years or so lol
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Joannie30
    Options
    As a PCOS sufferer, I do love a success story - well done you! Your hard work has paid off - a good feeling not being governed by our ovaries!

YES! When i was diagnosed i told myself i wouldn't be ruled by this for the rest of my life. It would have been so easy to comfort eat and think that the damage had already been done so why bother. That was the old me- but i decided not to be that person anymore.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Joannie I'm so proud of you!
    You've done brilliant, and managed to keep the Girls! Slippers or no slippers, that's some achievement.

Inspired to work out now, thank you sweets! x
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    wow wow wow wow wow. great job!
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You look lovely but, what is PCOS?
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    um, YES. Super job.
  • Joannie30
    Options
    You look lovely but, what is PCOS?

It stands for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Its an endocrine condition which causes lots of nasty symptoms including but not limited to acne, insulin resistance and potential infertility.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...you can tell!! Congrats on you weightloss!!
  • torriehoskins
    Options
    you look amazing :) Great job :) I too have pcos and have had lots of issues losing weight...I started using sparkpeople.com in March 2012 because I'd had enough of how I looked and lost 23 pounds....I got out of the habit of tracking and gained 6 pounds back but have lost three of those pounds in the past two weeks :) I know I can do this...PCOS will not beat me
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!