• Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    While my kids are at school.
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids! Ages 7,5,4,2
    I usually try to get up before the kids need to get up for school, but if I need some extra sleep I either end up doing it right after my older two leave for school while my little guys play, or during nap time! :flowerforyou:
  • hmb63383
    Options
    My children are 15,12,7, and 5. Luckily, they are all in school this year! I drop them off and head straight to our town walking track at 7:15am. I tend to do 2 to 3 miles there, then head home to clean like a mad woman! I fit in two sets of strength training, which is about 15 min, in the mornings and two more in the evenings. (On a good day this all works out! :)) Occasionally when I don't get the workouts in while the kids are at school, my little ones join in with a workout DVD or ZUMBA DVD!!! They are awesome! It's hard but I work it in one way or another!
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids 6 and under....I have to get up at 5 to get it in, or else try to fit in 30 DS after dropping my 6 yo off at school...when baby is content and other are 3 playing. I also throw them in the stroller and walk (but with 2 still on foot, its not very fast) or walk when hubby is home/kids are in bed (or at least ready for bed).
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i have a 3 year old little guy who completely understands that when mommy is on the treadmill or doing her exercises, don't bother her. he even says he will play in his room with his toys and "not bother mommy". on occasion, he gets curious about what sort of exercise i am doing and he'll sometimes join me...which is very sweet and funny. the other day, he actually wiped the sweat off my face with a towel!

he wasn't always so understanding though. when he was a newborn up to 6 months, i threw him in a baby bjorn and walked everywhere. from about 6 months to 1 year, i'd put him in his playpen and i'd run on the treadmill. his playpen was right in front of me. i could never really run while he napped because i could never focus on my running as i was always afraid he'd wake up. then from 1 year to the time he started walking, he'd just play around me...luckily he never got too close to the moving parts of the treadmill! i always kept a close watch though. now he'll pretty much just let me do my thing (as i mentioned above) without interruption.

you just do what you can, when you can. i also would walk or hike with him in a jogging stroller. and worst case scenario, if he just wouldn't cooperate, i'd do my workouts after dinner when daddy came home and could entertain him. either way, i was determined to get a workout in.
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    My wife takes the kids with her on walks and then i watch them when i get home so she can use our elliptical and do her WII Zumba.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well, my oldest is at school all day, and my youngest is 3 days a week in the morning so I walk with the neighbor and her little one (and take my dog). I don't walk with my youngest because he complains the entire. time. But he doesn't mind me doing an exercise video, he'll go play for 30 mins or so on his own.
  • lovelyshannon
    Options
    I'm a stay at home Mom with a 15 month old son and I basically squeeze my 45 min. cardio/treadmill work out in at least 5 days a week during his nap time. Then I do weights, abs, yoga, and other workouts/training while he is just hanging out around the house playing or while he is in his highchair eating a snack/meal.
  • lisamalm
    lisamalm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For one year I was a stay at home mum AND worked 50 percent. I put on my training clothes in the morning (skipped the shower) , put a lose dress on top of it. When the baby napped I put on a DVD and worked out for app 50 minutes. Since I look so much better since I started exercising I use less time on make-up and keep my hair in a simple pony tail.

Other ideas are to run or cycle to work or from work, or at least part of the way. Get a stationary bike and be on it while you are on the phone or watch TV. Even if you are pressed for time you can always squeeze in a short routine in the morning and one at night. Every minute helps! Best of luck!:smile:
  • brunauxyeuxbeaute
    Options
    I do workout video while toddler is napping. Or i belong to the Y and the childcare is free and awesome. They have an amazing selection of classes and I know my daugther is enjoying her play time.
  • nandrone5
    nandrone5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old, 2 year old, and 8 month old. My husband and I made a schedule so that I won't miss any days. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I have my workout clothes on when he gets home and I go out for an hour run before the sun sets. On Tuesdays and Thursdays he either goes for his bike ride or we have to go to 4 year old's soccer practice. On these days I do the 30DS while the 8 month old is in his jumper and my two older girls like to watch me and participate. Since I run Friday night, I will do the 30DS on Saturday and I will run on Sunday morning. Keeping a schedule works for us because in the beginning I was having a hard time getting motivated and he would come home a little too late and I would just say forget it. In addition, on the weekends we will do at least one hike with the kids.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    We get up, eat breakfast, then go into the living room with baby gate. My 18 month old plays/reads/eats Cheerios while I exercise. My 4 year old is either at preschool, playing in her room, coloring in the kitchen or playing downstairs with us. Then I take a shower while she plays/eats cheerios in my bedroom.
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids - 17, 14 and 21 months. The older two are at school all day, so that's easy enough but with the baby- I workout with her. She will try pushups, planks (unbelievably adorable) and squats!! I do work, but I do it from my home, so I can't exercise in the evenings when my husband gets home (that's when I "go" to work).

I do the 15 minute hasfit.com workouts mostly, a lot of work in a short amount of time. Her naps are my last resort because that's the only time I can clean the bathroom lol.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Before my kids were in school, I walked pushing them in a double stroller. I had the Schwin bike trailer that can be converted into a push stroller so they were fulling enclosed at didn't drop stuff. I let them bring paper to draw on and snacks.

God bless,
    Karen
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I homeschool my daughter. I've just started trying to get myself in the habit of getting 10-15 minute blocks of exercise in while she's doing her assignments. It's much better than sitting at my desk waiting to grade her work and going, "Are you done yet???"
  • lady_jessi
    lady_jessi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My two are 6 and 3, and I home school. It's really not hard to fit in the exercise (because they're older and know to let me be for 30-45 minutes, I'm sure it'd be more of a hassle if they were littler). Like someone else said, it's hard to stay away from the food. There are snacks flying around here all the time. Ooh, an animal cracker here, a bite of yogurt there. I can't really even say how many calories I eat a day for sure. lol Well, maybe that's not really so funny. I actually am maintaining now (yay!!) So, I did alright for myself I guess. I do intentionally set my calories a little low because I know I will pick at stuff.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!