back again13 years later

Options
Hi all! I went onto Atkins in 1999 and lost 25 pounds. I'm only 5' 1" so this was a lot and got me into a normal but not skinny weight. I then developed cutaneous lupus and went on a med, then thyroid cancer and after two surgeries lost my thyroid and went on meds. It was then discovered that I have a congenital heart defect, and I went on more meds - three more. And to put the cherry on top, I went through menopause. Sheesh! I have gained 30 pounds and my knees hurt! So I've decided I need to do something about NOW. I've been on Atkins induction for three weeks, and also upped my recumbant biking to 30 minutes five times a week. Initially I lost five pounds, but have gained it all back in the last week. I am not counting calories, but MFP lets me know that I'm hovering around 1300 a day. Carbs are around 20 and keto sticks are moderate in the morning, and trace to nothing the rest of the day. So apparently this is not going to be an easy road for me. I'm looking for encouragement, suggestions, and motivation. I know I can get there, but it's so discouraging to watch everything sit in one place.

Best,
Joan

Replies

• myhotsax
    Options
    I know how hard it can be to lose weight. I have tried many diets and they worked for a while but then you know the rest. I have found for me the best is to eat small meals throughout the day. I am in the process of trying to eat without sugar and no processed foods. Just eating natural foods. But being a carb addict as I am this is proving to be a hard task. So without going off the reservation I am on MFP to help keep me motivated. Add me and we can keep each other motivated. :ohwell:
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Wishing you all the best on your weight loss/fitness journey....you can do it!