3 Lbs a week, but I feel great

Options
I'm averaging -3 lb/week right now. I feel better than ever. Alive, energetic, vibrant. I don't need coffee anymore, and I feel more alert than I have in years. I'm also consuming approximately 1500-1600 calories, when MFP suggests 1700 for 2 lbs of loss. I'm lifting weights, and making gains.

Should I eat more? I'm having trouble managing 1600, let alone 1700-1900. I didn't think much of losing 3 lbs per week for the first week or so, but I'm on week 3. Surely I should slow down by now.

Replies

• nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    oh u stop that! be happy about your weight loss because it will slow down! :)
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Enjoy those calories while you can, MFP will whittle you down slowly but surely, lmao :)

Keep up the great work and don't knock the early success!!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Well keep it up then
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others! Don't sweat the early loss because it will slow down! I'd love 3 lbs a week for a few weeks!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it while it lasts. =)
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Definitely enjoy it! You're eating plenty & not starving yourself so it's all good. Obviously like everyone else says, it will slow down. I have weeks where I'll lose 3-5 lbs then the next week or two I may not lose any. I'm 9 months into this journey & have found that you lose a lot more in the beginning then whatever you set your goal to averages out over a month. I think that's why MFP tells you what you'd weigh in 5 weeks after you're done logging. I've lost 91 lbs & am still averaging 2 lbs a week. Keep up the hard work & enjoy your success! If you need more friends & encouragement feel free to add me. I'm super consistent & have logged 55 days in a row, ever since I started using the app. Congrats to you! :)
  • majikkan
    majikkan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OK. As long as this is normal and not anything to be alarmed about. Thanks, guys!
  • Pauly187
    Pauly187 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been at 2-5 lbs a week for months and it adds up quick. I am down 48 and counting. Keep at it. Slow and steady is healthy and it wins the race. Good luck.
  • kimmiedunne
    kimmiedunne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Definitely be thankful for your 3 lbs/week! I used to average that, but now that I'm at 155, I average less than a pound a week typically, so keep it going! Great work!
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great problem to have!

Keep on keeping on!