Anyone having trouble with Zumba 2 for the Wii?

Options
Hello! I am a Zumba fanatic, and I rely on my love for zumba to get me the exercise I need. I got Zumba 2 for Christmas, after using the original over the last year with no problems. It seems that the remote is not working right for the new game. I am able to use the remote to get started, but once the dancing begins, my progress is not tracked, and I don't get any of the "nice" or "hot" type comments that let me know my moves are registering. I have tried new batteries, resetting the game and the Wii, even tried buying a new "motion plus" remote thinking that might work. Is anyone else having this problem? I can just do the workout without tracking my progress, but that is half the fun! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Replies

• spacey1968
    Options
    I did the same thing!! Try turning the remote the other direction in the belt. The buttons still face out, but point the other end up! :happy:
  • cksoto
    cksoto Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hiya Redmom12! Just started the Zumba 2 that I got for Christmas as well, never tried the first one, and it's great. I had those problems to begin with, but after adjusting the controller to kinda peep more out of the belt it started working fine. I don't seem to be getting as many of the 'nice' or 'hot' that I would like, but I think that's due to the fact that I'm extremely out of shape and find it hard sometimes to keep up with the instructors. Hope you figure out what it is that is messing up your fun dance time! <3
  • PandaPop87
    Options
    I had the same problem, you need to have the buttons facing outward, and the wiimote with buttons the right way up (for example, if someone was looking at it while it was on your hip, they could read it as its the right way up). I hope this helps!
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! I tried batteries, changing the remote, tried it different ways in the belt and still not working! Not really fun. I love the Zumba 2 but I want to track my progress.
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    I think I fixed it! We played a bit with the Wii settings and made sure the remotes' sensitivity option was at 5. You can find this on Wii option settings. Also, I have my remote upright in my belt. It sure is more fun to see how you are doing in the game.
  • mcwulf
    mcwulf Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you Shanphichole!! I, too, couldn't get feedback on Zumba 2, even exchanged it, thinking it was the disc. But when I changed sensitivity to 5, it worked like a charm!! I absolutely love this game and routines! Class is $5 per hour class and I have already re-couped the cost of the game! Plus, I don't have to go out and drive in the snow! Thanks again for the input!!!
  • kjenelle
    kjenelle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem and then turned the controller upside as someone previously stated. I then moved the belt to reach my cover my tailbone. Good stuff!
  • cspliedt
    cspliedt Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Where do you find the sensitivity levels on the Wii? I went under options and it shows audio and game settings but nothing about sensitivity for the Zumba II. My moves aren't tracked at all and I seem to be doing everything correctly.

Thanks for your help.
    Cspliedt
  • brotherloogie
    Options
    i just got zumba. this is my 5th day with it. the first 2 days it tracked my calories which was thursday and friday. i continued to use it over the weekend and it didn't track my calories. and i am using it today also and still not tracking calories. :( this is upsetting because i have been having to keep track of it per song and adding them up. if anyone has a way to fix this please help me!!!!! i love my zumba but this is getting to be a pain in the butt.