What to eat/drink after exercise

Options
So apparently it is very important to recover from exercise by eating or drinking something that has lots of proteins (Or something like that >.<). Well I've been doing insanity for a week now and my problem is that I do it late in the afternoon since I don't really have time to do it earlier. By then I have already eaten my dinner so I don't really eat anything after I exercise. I don't really want to eat something that has a lot of calories because I don't want to eat back the ones that I burned. I also try to eat lots of protein during my meals.

Any suggestions? What do you guys eat/drink after you exercise? [:

Replies

• MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So apparently it is very important to recover from exercise by eating or drinking something that has lots of proteins (Or something like that >.<). Well I've been doing insanity for a week now and my problem is that I do it late in the afternoon since I don't really have time to do it earlier. By then I have already eaten my dinner so I don't really eat anything after I exercise. I don't really want to eat something that has a lot of calories because I don't want to eat back the ones that I burned. I also try to eat lots of protein during my meals.

Any suggestions? What do you guys eat/drink after you exercise? [:

Try some fresh fruit of veggies. :smile:

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group
  • bethieshaf
    Options
    After I exercise I eat a spoonful of Skippy Natural Peanut Butter. :)
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    have you tried a whey protein shake?
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Milk.

It really works.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Milk.

It really works.
    esp 1 cup fat free chocolate Milk
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    franks hot sauce pringles
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I ate a can of sweet potatoes and a can of salmon after my workout this morning.
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    you could try splitting your dinner.

i exercise in the morning, so i eat half a banana and a glass of milk before exercise, second half and (typically) something egg based like an omelette afterwards.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I ate a Big Mac and a McFlurry after my workout yesterday.....

Hey I left the chips!! :bigsmile:
  • lismerie
    lismerie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    have you tried a whey protein shake?

I haven't actually. Are they good/healthy?
  • lismerie
    Options
    franks hot sauce pringles

YUM
  • oscarvalles
    Options
    I second the Whey Protein Shake suggestion. Six Star Triple Chocolate is really great tasting (when in comes to protein powders) and it contains 30g of protein per scoop. You can treat that as a dessert. Good luck!
  • adkmountainguy
    adkmountainguy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Beer!
  • lismerie
    Options
    I second the Whey Protein Shake suggestion. Six Star Triple Chocolate is really great tasting (when in comes to protein powders) and it contains 30g of protein per scoop. You can treat that as a dessert. Good luck!

You had me at chocolate, haha. But when it says "Body Builders", "Mass gainer", and all that good stuff, I get intimidated.
  • lismerie
    Options

Great article. Thanks!
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    chocolate milk :smile:
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    for the type of training you are doing a recovery drink really is not needed.

Eating sufficient protein during your normal meals will be all you need to do.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    swedish fish
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Protein shake or meal containing protein.