eating carbs everyday?

Options
2»

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Hells to the yes. I eat carbs all damn day and still lose weight.
    Restriction causes me not only to fall off the wagon, but to kick the wheels, run away, shoot said wagon and cry. Very bad.

Lol...totally agree. You should lose weight eating the way you're going to eat forever...just less of it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Hells to the yes. I eat carbs all damn day and still lose weight.
    Restriction causes me not only to fall off the wagon, but to kick the wheels, run away, shoot said wagon and cry. Very bad.

Ditto. Carb-free only brings pain and bingeing. And probably some funky gas.
  • Your body needs carbs. I think its your kidneys or your liver that needs them for daily function. Anyway I try to eat my carbs before 3pm.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I eat fruits and vegetables, but also breads, pasta, rice, white potatoes, pizza, tortilla chips...
  • judsywudsy
    judsywudsy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs everyday!
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It's kind of hard to get away from eating carbs since they are in almost everything you eat. Unless you are eating straight protein you are getting carbs in your eating plan. If you are looking to lower your carbs then cut out your whole grains, it is not something I recommend. Athough, you could limit the amount that you eat of the whole grain. My husband is a diabetic and should only be eating 3 servings a day of whole grains. His body does not react well to them.
  • Lityboy
    Lityboy Posts: 37
    Options
    Yes, everday within my daily fixed limits!!
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It's a huge myth that you can't lose weight unless you cut carbs. Some people do find success with low-carb, but I never did. My weight loss stalls when my carbs go below 100 grams. I think my body thinks it's starving.

And non-starchy vegetables are not the only kind of "good" carb. There's nothing wrong with whole grains, starchy vegetables, or fruits.
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs every day too! Most of the time...three meals a day include carbs. You are better off eating a little bit of everything than cutting out anything.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    yes it is.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Your body needs carbs. I think its your kidneys or your liver that needs them for daily function. Anyway I try to eat my carbs before 3pm.

Only the brain requires carbohydrate, and only about 30g or 40g of glucose a day, which the body can make ("gluconeogenesis"). The rest of the fuel the brain needs can be supplied by ketones, which work very well. You may see a figure of 120g or 130g thrown around as "the brain MUST HAVE this" but what it really means is that the brain will use this amount of glucose _if it's available_.

The body is certainly capable of digesting and using carbs, but not the huge amounts of modern grains, refined sugar, and processed carbs many of us eat day after day, year after year.
  • jesswilks
    Options
    my diet consists of 45% carbohydrates, 30% protein and 25% fat
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I most definitely have carbs every day, but I avoid the refined stuff.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs all day, everyday. No problems here!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Only twice in the same day? I eat carbs generally 3 to 5 times a day, and I lose weight fine. I can understand why someone might want to be temporarily low-carb, but I cannot understand how someone could permanently give them up ENTIRELY! We need carbs for energy. That being said, not all carbs are created equal and there is a huge difference between simple carbs and complex carbs. Simple carbs I keep to a minimum, and complex carbs I enjoy frequently.
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    I think what a lot of people are trying to say is that you would do yourself a huge favor to learn more about what carbohydrates really ARE, what foods have the most nutritional value, and what your body needs. For instance, some people have a predisposition to hypoglycemia and need to eat more balanced meals with healthy, un-refined carbs and protein and fat to keep your body from processing those carbs too quickly. Others don't seem to have a problem with blood sugar issues and they just watch their overall calorie content.

In the end, as long as you keep your calories lower than your body requires, you will lose weight. But if you eat healthier, more balanced meals, your body will thank you!