not a scale victory, not even a victory. jeans gone wrong

Options
13»

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    dont juge YOUR actual size by those jeans. stores have totally screwed up sizing. take me for instance, i was in a 15/16 of this macys brand, went down to 11/12, went to target thinking i could get same size for cheaper and ended up muffin topping in a size 15. que sad face. its just a number, a meaningless one at that. if youre going to try to gauge your actual size based on jeans, stick with the same brand and cut and recognize the fact that other brands and their sizing will vary. that being said great job on losing the 20 and a pant size! dont be discouraged by one crappy shop!
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have legs "up to there" and I hate all the kinds of jeans you speak of. Some evil *kitten* weight loss hating non gendered pig created all of em!!!

I prefer flare leg but find they are either painted on tight from the butt down to a lil flare or I can fit both legs into one. Its sacrilegious and probably even illegal at some point.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I'm generally a big fan of Kohl's but also HATE their jeans. Had to get at least 2 sizes bigger than I normally wear. Never have this problem with pants or capris, JUST the jeans. (I'm a 2-4 and the jeans are an 8.) And yeah, they don't look good on me, either. So I end up wearing my four year old Gap jeans when I need to throw on a pair... I'm going to treat myself to some higher priced awesome ones ... Someday!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it just never seems to stop!...I got rid of a lot of my big pot belly only to find that I still had a huge, oversized behind to deal with...So I am putting off buying new jeans and doing sweats until I can get my caboose under control.
  • mbroeckelmanpost
    mbroeckelmanpost Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Try Gap (all jeans and dress pants were 40% off in the store yesterday, and you almost never pay the actual sticker price b/c of sales). The sizes correspond with waist sizes, though if you look at the measurement charts, some sizes are actually a little smaller than others (eg- I can wear a size smaller in Long and Lean than in Sexy Boot), and you might need to try a couple of pair in the same size. The jeans also stretch a little as you wear them, so if you're torn between sizes, go with the smaller one. There are several different cuts for different body types, so you should be able to find something that works well for you. Try Long and Lean first-- it seems to be an almost universally flattering cut!
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    I totally understand, trying on jeans suck. I also weigh 189 and am a size 16. I would love a 14 or smaller, guess i need to lose another 30 or 40 before that happens. I feel your pain.
  • trendyas
    trendyas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I definitely have the same problem. Try GAP jeans... the Long and Lean style. I know, I know... long and lean does not describe ANY part of my body, but trust me, they fit nicely in the legs, knees and calves. Knees and calves are my biggest problem when everything else fits. I wear and 18 or 16 in most styles... in GAP Long and Lean, 16's are loose and I can even wear a 14! I know right! :)
  • Jem_Girl
    Jem_Girl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Ugh, yeah, I don't know why even plus size jeans are doing this skinny leg thing right now. I tried to buy jeans at Fashion Bug lately and they were all either "jeggings" (omg, I hate stretch jeans... and now they have a name?!), too expensive, or had this "our slimmest fitting jeans" marketing where apparently they're slimmer in the thigh and calf region.... HELLO!!! SLIMMER in the thigh? The last thing I need is for my jeans to be slimmer in the thigh. I didn't start watching my calorie intake and exercising to go up in sizes, and I couldn't even find something TWO SIZES larger than I normally wear that fit. They looked, like you said, as if they'd been spray painted on. They showed every imperfection in the shape of my legs and then had the nerve to be too big around my waist. I mean, I know I'm out of proportion with a big butt but not that much!

I decided Fashion Bug just has crappy pants and I'll stick with Cato.

It's not you... it's the horrible cut in jeans. Try a different store, different brand, or even different "style" within a brand. If everything on a store seems to be mocking you, go to a different store. I swear, I've never seen jeans fit as poorly as they do with the styles out right now.
  • lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    if you felt great in them you should go back and buy them,, ignore the number, you are more than that number, it should be about how fantastic you felt in them!
    if you really felt awesome, YOU KNOW how much you've lost, show it off in some jeans that show off your curves... it's not the number and we all know the sizes in clothes now are stupid, you can very by 3 sizes depending on the 'cut" NONE OF US WANT TO BE "eatacheeseburgerzero" curves make you sexy, every guy will tell you ( I have seven brothers) that a woman is sexy when she has curves.. so embrace, I say buy the jeans that made you fell awesome, or go back and try them on and take a pic with your camera and compare to pic with baggy ones on.. baggy probably aren't as flattering... keep up the awesome work... we all have been there, shopping and trying on clothes bites..

^^this exactly!
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    thank you for the suggestions