Dry body brushing - do you do it?

Options

Replies

• EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes I do it pretty much every day - I love it! Quite an addictive sensation. I started it because I have really dry skin and it has definitely helped :)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    It's the daily threads like this that make me wonder why I haven't started a business where I place a glass of spring water on people's tummies and then let them lay there for an hour while the "osmotic differential" moves toxins down the negative gradient out of their bodies and into the glass. I figure $100 an hour, several clients at a time. I'd probably be made for life.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    For me, it helps with ingrown hair from shaving. I'm a hairy girl. :blushing:
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Dry brushing seemed to help tighten the skin on my stomach back up after I had my son. And it was definitely not weight loss that tightened the skin on my stomach - I was one of those people for whom breastfeeding was a very effective diet, so at that time I was a size 0 with a droopy belly! I'm now working to get back to the same weight I was then.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It's like a massage - it feels good. It hurts nothing. In fact, if you have dry, troubled skin, it can really help.

It's not going to make you thin or cure cancer, but have at it :drinker:
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i would like to dry brush the hell outta a couple posters here lol heck if it make you feel good about yourself do it , hell i point my finger at the mirror like a pistol make a clicking sound with my cheeks and wink makes me feel good . when you feel good about yourself other good things will happen health wise sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what ever makes you feel good about yourself is fine with me
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    My brush is not just a brush, it's a Verticoli. Hand made in Italy, they carve it out of illegal whale bone. They only make eleven of them a year. This one cost me twelve thousand dollars, or thirty million lira. Perfectly balanced, low drag, minimal torque. Hey, help yourself to the mane and tail all you want, but don't even look at the Verticoli because I will knock your block off. No exaggeration, I could not love a human baby as much as I love this brush.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I do it, just for exfoliation and it feels good. I don't think it does anything for cellulite or your lymphatic system... Sadly I can't afford a Verticoli, I just have a standard wooden brush.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    My brush is not just a brush, it's a Verticoli. Hand made in Italy, they carve it out of illegal whale bone. They only make eleven of them a year. This one cost me twelve thousand dollars, or thirty million lira. Perfectly balanced, low drag, minimal torque. Hey, help yourself to the mane and tail all you want, but don't even look at the Verticoli because I will knock your block off. No exaggeration, I could not love a human baby as much as I love this brush.

Excellent quote.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

Excellent quote.

Most excellent. I'd venture to say it's mind-bottling.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Well, I've just started to do it. It feels nice and invigorating. The person who recommended it to me said it got rid of her swollen ankles. It cannot do any harm, so I will let you know if it does me some good. FYI its the only thing I'm changing at the moment, diet is staying the same.
    I've had swollen lymph nodes behind my ears for over a year - so that's my test, if they go down, it works! Watch this space..... :flowerforyou:

Err aren't swollen lymph nodes for a long period of time a sign of cancer?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well, I've just started to do it. It feels nice and invigorating. The person who recommended it to me said it got rid of her swollen ankles. It cannot do any harm, so I will let you know if it does me some good. FYI its the only thing I'm changing at the moment, diet is staying the same.
    I've had swollen lymph nodes behind my ears for over a year - so that's my test, if they go down, it works! Watch this space..... :flowerforyou:

I hope that you've seen a doctor about those lymph nodes ...
  • cmbalint
    cmbalint Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i use brushing for my Autistc son,it is very calming.He can be very hyper and after brushing and eep pressure he calms right down
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    girl at my gym does it with her minge out and one leg raised to the bench so everyone can have an optimum view - lovely

and umm, where would this gym be located...?
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Dry brushing sounds lovely. I'd give it a go just for the skin exfoliation and relaxation benefits but that's it. All the other supposed health benefits sound a bit far fetched to me. If good health was as simple as this everyone would have been doing it for years.
  • vegancakelady
    vegancakelady Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    today is 5th day of dry body brushing and now I notice that my sweat is really smelly after my exercise. Its been pointed out that its probably the toxins leaving my body and that sounds about right.
    I think my ankles look smaller but as I didn't measure them I cant say for sure.
    Swellings behind ears are still there but my glasses are looser....
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    today is 5th day of dry body brushing and now I notice that my sweat is really smelly after my exercise. Its been pointed out that its probably the toxins leaving my body and that sounds about right.
    I think my ankles look smaller but as I didn't measure them I cant say for sure.

if somehow brushing your body is causing the release of toxins (what toxins? have you ingested them earlier? doesnt your liver work properly?) then drink extra water
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Placebo effect. Toxins can't be brushed out of your body, and don't leave through your sweat.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • madmickie
    madmickie Posts: 221 Member
    Options

what balls! Everyone knows they use Euros in Italy.