interesting

Options
This week I have not been to the gym or did any form of formal exercise since Monday morning. I fell off a curb and now my calf is killing me. Anyway, Just by watching calorie intake I have lost 2 pounds this week and when I do exercise I am lucky to lose a pound. What gives.If this is true why would I ever want to go back to the gym...?

Replies

• weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    Could just be a change of routine. I have heard before that if you hit a plateau you should take a few days off from exercise and then jump back in again. I think the change up just tricks your metabolism or something.
  • bostonmia
    bostonmia Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a trainer who works out between 6-7/week and the same happens to me. But please keep in mind when you are losing 2 lbs a week a good portion of that weight comes from water and muscle. Rule of thumb for the best way to lose mostly fat and keep it off is to lose 1/2 to maybe 1 lb week from diet and exercise combined. It's simple- calories in calories out. The more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn doing nothing at all!