women who have had c sections/?

Options
I've had 2 c sections. Im afrid the more fat i lose I wont be able to lose any of that c section skin from pregnancy. I had one c section in June 2009 and on in January 2012. Any pix of you guys who have toned up your c section areas????

Replies

• phatnotfat81
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections as well...(pics in my profile)..still working on toning....
  • caliborne
    Options
    I had to C Sections and about a year and a half ago lost 90 lbs. My stomach shrunk a bit but the extra skin will only go away with surgery. Also, after I had maintained my weight for a bit it did shrink some more. Nothing some spanx doesn't fix.
  • kantoka
    kantoka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had two C-Sections within 20 months of each other. My stomach has still not recovered and that was 5 years ago. I have to have surgery for the extra skin right around my scar, and I am still numb in that area. I still try to do my crunches, sit ups, yoga stuff to strengthen my abs though.
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    <
    my kids are 5 and 3, and they were both c-sections. everyone's body is different, so all you can do is put in the work to get the BEST body that YOU can have!
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I want a hot body. So SOMEONE out thee will look at me and say "Shes hot". Whch hasnt happen. ever. my husband never even tells me im hot. He just tries to comfort me by saying who cares. I CARE!
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Do this for you and then see how your hubby reacts....mine is supportive but normally doesn't notice anything unless I ask him. I asked him the other day what he was gonna do once I lose weight and he has a hot wife. He said he's already got a hot wife...lol...well, bless him. I had 2 c-sections. One singleton pregnancy and one twin pregnancy. My stomach has gone down but I don't think I'll see any really good results until I've lost another 25 pounds.....
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think it truely depends on each of our own bodies, i had a c sec 15yrs ago and still have that "roll" the next pregnancy was vaginal so i have the "top roll" well thats how i like to explain my rolls! no matter how much weight ive ever lost neither has ever actually gone away.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Is the loose skin actually from having the c-section or from being fat? I had a surgery that involved a c-section type incision to access my utuerus from hip-to-hip and I am a little pudgier down around the scar then I used to be in that area pre-surgery, but I always figured it was just fat from being fat and would go away once I loose the weight. It never occured to me it could be from the incision, is this an actual thing or do you just think that's what it's from? I'm worried now =/
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've had 5 c-sections, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2008, & 2010. The more weight I lose the lower the skin "apron" hangs (I'm 5ft, and my babies were all decent sizes, and my skin does NOT stretch well), my plan is to get close to goal weight and stay within 3-4kgs of it for a year and then get a tummy tuck. Apparently I'm the "ideal" or "textbook" candidate for it, so I guess that's a good thing?!

In the meantime Spanx, Magic Knickers etc are my friends.
  • leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 c-sections. 2002, 2005, 2008 & 2010. I don't worry too much about my scarring & my little roll - to me they are "war wounds" for these babies I fought so hard to bring into the world!!! I'd had 2 c-sections when I last lost a whole stack of weight
    & while the extra skin was still there, I was pretty stoked with my tummy...hoping to get back to that soon enough!! BTW, my hubby doesn't throw away compliments either but don't let that be an issue.
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    look at my profile picture too. I had three miscarriages (which takes a toll on your body too) and two csections...one 2006 and 2008. I also nursed both kids, so held onto the weight a long time. started journey in June 2010
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Never really did yoga does it help that much ?

I had two C-Sections within 20 months of each other. My stomach has still not recovered and that was 5 years ago. I have to have surgery for the extra skin right around my scar, and I am still numb in that area. I still try to do my crunches, sit ups, yoga stuff to strengthen my abs though.
  • Effpcos
    Options
    Is the loose skin actually from having the c-section or from being fat? I had a surgery that involved a c-section type incision to access my utuerus from hip-to-hip and I am a little pudgier down around the scar then I used to be in that area pre-surgery, but I always figured it was just fat from being fat and would go away once I loose the weight. It never occured to me it could be from the incision, is this an actual thing or do you just think that's what it's from? I'm worried now =/

My loose skin is above my c-sect incision only, but there is also "knotty" scar tissue beneath it, one lump on the left side is about two inches wide and goodness knows how thick. (I wasn't so great at following the "rest, don't lift anything heavy etc advice", I had my last baby Thursday, discharged Saturday, gardening Sunday, oops)
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I hear you my husband always tells me who cares you had kids.....ahhh!!!
    I want a hot body. So SOMEONE out thee will look at me and say "Shes hot". Whch hasnt happen. ever. my husband never even tells me im hot. He just tries to comfort me by saying who cares. I CARE!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 sections - the 2nd was just 7 weeks ago. I always had a pudgy belly so I don't think it would matter if I had c-sections or not. 2nd time around I'm feeling a tad numb around the scar - hoping to lose the belly once & for all but at the end of the day, I will NEVER walk around in a bikini or mid driff top so it doesn't bother me if it stays (as long as it's not majorly noticeable when I'm wearing clothes).
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I had a C section in 04 and my scar is rite on the top of my genital area.....
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue, I had my section in 2006...I hate that flap. I've been doing lots of ab workouts, I'm starting to see a difference, but not in the area near the scar.
  • Effpcos
    Options
    Ugh my husband is the same on my dissatisfaction about my belly, I always had a VERY flat stomach pre-kids. He normally replies with "You've had 5 kids, that's how you're supposed to look". I think he thinks he's being reassuring but NO. He's really supportive of me getting a tummy tuck though "if that's what you want".
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had a C Section in 2001 and in 2003. I thankfully had a WONDERFUL surgeon OB for the 2003 one and I swear no one would know I even had either C Section....

So therefore I think a lot depends on each persons body and also how and who done the C Sections!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section almost 24 years ago. I didn't notice the "overhang" issue with my scar area until I became overweight (I was back in normal clothes about five weeks after my c-section and didn't become overweight until about ten years later). My incision area is still somewhat numb, as others have said. But the "overhang" issue really only seems to be significant when I'm carrying too much weight. Now, I'm blessed that so far when I've lost weight, the overhang issue is virtually eliminated. But this will be the first time losing all this weight in my forties and I worry that my tummy won't go back down like it did before.

Anyone over forty have any input on that?

Adding to the fun is my scar area seems to be uneven and the "overhang" is different from one side to the next. Pretty sure nothing's going to fix that part.