Ladies with bigger calves-skinny jean help!!!!

Options

Replies

• dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My calves are big too. 14". I wear and 6/8 also. It took forever to find comfortable boots. I finally found some skinny jeans at Kohls. I have two pair of the jean ones that are Elle brand and One pair of black ones that are Gloria Vanderbilt and they fit good. They are more like stretchy leggings but they are the best ones I have found.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/zbrandskiosk/women/elle/bottoms/PRD~1121907/ELLE+Distressed+Skinny+Jeans.jsp

I got mine last year, but I am sure they still have some, and mine are a more dark wash. They do stretch out alot so you may want to go with the 6.

Good Luck.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Jeggings or Stretch Denim work and wear great! I also have big calfs and have delt with this since forever. Try YMIJeans. Not sure of the exact website but their "jeans" are pretty good about being fitted but not tight in the calf area and ankle. Good luck!
  • rainlover711
    rainlover711 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have large calves (and by large I mean bigger than 15 inches.)
    i wear skinny jeans with boots.
    I buy them at Torrid, they usually have lots of styles and they tend to stretch.

if you like them, wear them.
    i would suggest trying a pair from Torrid
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Coldwater Creek makes some quality jeans in stretchy fabrics. They give where you need them, but go right back after washing so they don't start to look baggy. I don't wear the skinny jeans, but I have been very happy with their other jeans and will not wear any other. I have always had a hard time finding jeans to fit right. Big boned (over 7 inch wrist and it is NOT fat), lots of muscles, and short. Try their outlet stores until you find the size that works, then you can order from the outlet store online at their website, since they are pricey!
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have big calves and thighs, I love skinny jeans and they fit me well. The thing about about buying them is that you just have to buy the right cut. I get my jeans from alloy.com because they have wider cuts for ladies with big calves and thighs.Therefore there is more stretch material that fits according to your body shape.
  • queenlaureen
    queenlaureen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have big calves (usually boots don't fit my calves) but I found cute knee high boots this year and was lucky to get some jeggings from White House Black Market that fit my waist and hips, and don't squeeze my thighs and calves too tight. Good luck!
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Find a brand of skinny jeans with more spandex in them. I wear AE skinny jeans and I don't find them constricting at all.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I had good luck with Jeggings when wearing higher boots. Higher ankle boots even. Look like jeans, skin-tight, and sessy, but a little breathe in them!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Buy pants that fit your legs, then take them to a tailor and have the waist made smaller (it's not expensive, it's just like getting them hemmed).
  • emmajohnson747
    emmajohnson747 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies I have bigger calves, the biggest spot is 15' and I hate it. They've gone done a few inches though. But I have knee high boots that I love to wear but I HATE skinny jeans. Mostly because they are so tight on my thighs down. I wear a size 6/8 in jeans but when I went a few days ago to try on skinny jeans in that size they fit in my waist but my legs could not breathe! I've tried tons of stores. Does anyone have any tips or do you just not wear them? I usually wear jeans over my boots now because my jeans are either flare or bootcut. I did find a skinny bootcut pair but I'm not sure if there skinny enough at the bottom that they would be bulky inside of my boots. This may sound silly. But I want to be comfortable in my jeans and I'm not going to buy jeans be uncomfortable just to be able to wear the jeans inside my boots but I want to wear my jeans and show my boots off. Right now I wear them with my sweater dress to show them off with tights. Any thoughts/ideas/advice/suggestions on stores would be great! I have bigger hips and calves but smaller waist. So any help would be great! Thanks!

try Delias.com they have really comfortable jeggings in all sizes
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Maybe try straight-cut jeans? I have big calves, too, and I don't like skinny jeans. I usually wear bootcut and stuff them into my boots anyway.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    i hear ya. i have a great pair of skinny jeans from American Eagle... super comfy, look great, and stretchy!
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Levis has a decent assortment for different body styles. They can be pricey, but I suppose if you can find one awesome pair of jeans that fits just right, the price might be worth it. Recently at H&M I've seen skinny cords with zippered ankles - a style like this might help give you a little more room in that area of the pants. I'm not sure how comfortable it would be with the boots, but I'd recommend wearing the boots to the store anytime you're trying on jeans to specifically wear with them. Another idea is if you find a pair of jeggings, like other people have suggested, perhaps cut a slit up the back of the pants from the ankle a few inches toward your calf. It would give you a little more room, like the idea of the pants with the zippered ankle, but without the uncomfy zipper. If that part of the pants is going to be hidden by the boots, nobody will be the wiser. I personally like my jeans to be very well fitted when I'm wearing taller boots - it bugs me so much when the jeans get bunched up - so I prefer pants that fit better through the thighs and down to the knees, and find a way to alter the part of the pants nobody is going to see anyway.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have "legs up to there"......AND 100 lbs to lose if that tells ya anything.

However...........I love the denim leggings with lycra versus the skinny leg jeans....because the almost thigh high boots / knee highs look good on almost anyone..us chunky chics included. Now wait......dont jump to judgment. I KNOW you only wear a 6/8 or whatever ya tiny lil thang :blushing: :flowerforyou:

but if ya take a gentle flare leg denim and wrap it around at the ankle as you slide you foot in and zip the boot or whatever.........it will work. I have very solid muscular legs...kinda doesnt match the rest ya know :drinker: but it works. Try it.
  • thechimes
    Options
    I have huge thighs and calves from running. I normally wear a 4, but I pick up skinnys in a size 6.

American Eagle and Old Navy (rock star) are my 2 favorites. I am not constantly pulling them up.

However, I have a huge butt, so that helps keep them up.
  • TinkTribe
    TinkTribe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! But I recently bought some skinny jeans/jeggings from Forever 21 in the Plus Size section in a size 14 and they are actually reallyyyyy comfortable! They are stretchy so getting a size smaller than normal might be best. But they look adorable with boots.
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Too Funny! I have the same problem I actually got stuck in a pair at Aeropostal! It took me 3 minutes to get them off my calves and by the time I did I was super sweaty! LOL

I found a great pair at Kohls in the juniors section! They had a ton of colors, mine are a dark charcoal almost black and super comfy!

Good Luck!
  • thechimes
    Options
    Oh, and also, after reading all the posts about sewing jeans, I had to respond again.

I sew and I've transformed all my old boot cuts to skinny jeans. If you get a pair of skinnies that fit your legs the way you want them to fit, and a pair of other jeans that have bigger leg holes that fit your waist, turn the ones you want to keep (the waist ones) inside out and trace the outline of the other jeans (from thigh down) onto the bigger legged jeans. Then stitch up the sides about 1/4-1/2" outside where you traced. This should do the trick. Just be sure the bigger jeans have a good amount of stretch.
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies I have bigger calves, the biggest spot is 15' and I hate it. They've gone done a few inches though. But I have knee high boots that I love to wear but I HATE skinny jeans. Mostly because they are so tight on my thighs down. I wear a size 6/8 in jeans but when I went a few days ago to try on skinny jeans in that size they fit in my waist but my legs could not breathe! I've tried tons of stores. Does anyone have any tips or do you just not wear them? I usually wear jeans over my boots now because my jeans are either flare or bootcut. I did find a skinny bootcut pair but I'm not sure if there skinny enough at the bottom that they would be bulky inside of my boots. This may sound silly. But I want to be comfortable in my jeans and I'm not going to buy jeans be uncomfortable just to be able to wear the jeans inside my boots but I want to wear my jeans and show my boots off. Right now I wear them with my sweater dress to show them off with tights. Any thoughts/ideas/advice/suggestions on stores would be great! I have bigger hips and calves but smaller waist. So any help would be great! Thanks!

i have muscular legs from track in high school (i was a sprinter and i kick myself for it!) anyways, i wear skinny jeans a lot. because i find them more flattering and actually get compliments from my friends in them lol. i get mine from pacsun. i get size 13 juniors in their "jeggings" because they stretch like no other and they don't suffocate. i also have boots that i wear with them. my calves are like 16 inches around so yes, it is very hard to find boots that fit and aren't too tight or tacky looking!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i was just complaining about how i cant find jeans that will fit my thighs that dont gap at my waist. lol.
    i would just wear leggings, theyre comfy, get black ones, u can wear em with anything.