Ladies with bigger calves-skinny jean help!!!!

Options

Replies

• Danika6676
    Danika6676 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can't wear knee high boots anymore. With all my exercising, my calves are a whopping 17 inches around! So just be happy you can still wear boots...lol.
  • kriselayne1
    kriselayne1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried their jeans yet but give Eloquii.com a try. Its a plus size version of Limited brand clothing. They have great colors like the nice cobalt blues, reds, black and I think dark denim. I think they are close to $100 per pair but they have amazing deals all the time. Just sign up for their e-mail newsletter to get the offers to your inbox!

I too have large calves (17 1/2") at the largest and now at 16"! Still pretty big! I bought a pair of boots earlier this year from Zappos from a brand called Fitzwell and they fit wonderfully. I think they were $139 with free shipping. They even have extra large calved boots if you have a larger calf than 18".
  • LiveLoveHunt
    Options
    I just bought my first pair of skinny jeans but the only reason I bought them is to wear inside my mud/fish/hunting boots for the fall. I get them from American Eagle. But they are a bit higher rise, at least this pair, than my other jeans so when I sit, the button part digs into my belly button so theyre not very comfortable. The material is fine otherwise. But my go to jeans are boot cut or semi flares just because I have bigger thighs and big calves. But I don't think the calves are going to change much. Even at my skinniest in high school, I could never wear knee high boots because of this. Everyones bodies are different though. My body, personally, doesn't work very well with skinny jeans or knee boots. Sorry I can't be of more help though.
  • bholmes21
    bholmes21 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wear what they call jeggins, however they are jeggins that are Jeans. check out silver jeans or MEK jeans, their skinnys are stretchy enough for my big calves!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the "skinny jeans don't look good on anyone." What do you guys wear with boots? Are you all warmer, non-snowy climates? Boot-cuts and flares are a pain in the *kitten* to get into ankle- or knee-high boots.
  • aarilynn
    aarilynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mine are 14" and to be honest I don't have too many problems finding skinny jeans and in fact that's all I really buy. There are some that don't work and the "super" skinny jeans never work. I've been wearing skinnies since I've been in the 150s and my calves were a little bit bigger. I've worn size 8,s and 6s, 4s... Maybe it's just the brand?? Maybe get stretchy?
  • Fit_And_Heathy_Goalie
    Options
    Regardless of my weight, I don't have the height or slim legs to carry off the look of skinny jeans with boots. My recommendation is to only wear skinny jeans (with some lycra of course) with flats. Very flattering! Also, I recommend wearing boots with tights and long shirts/belted OR with cute skirts. It's my favorite look in the fall and winter months.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Leggings. They are very form fitting, they stretch and can easily fit into a tall boot.
  • fabfindz05
    fabfindz05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My calves are 15 inches as well. I also have big thighs, but I love skinny jeans. The ones that fit me best are, True Religion, Paige, 7FAMK, Tommy Girl and Levis. As you know, not all skinney jeans are created equal. Eventhough, these are my favorite brands, I had to try different washes and such to get the best fit. My Levis are super stretchy, so you might try to find some with a lot of stretch.

BTW - Curvy girls CAN rock skinny jeans. I've seen plenty of skinny girls wearing horrible looking skinny jeans....
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    I have large calves (and by large I mean bigger than 15 inches.)
    i wear skinny jeans with boots.
    I buy them at Torrid, they usually have lots of styles and they tend to stretch.

if you like them, wear them.
    i would suggest trying a pair from Torrid

Same here! I love Torrid :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Learn to sew, or find someone who can. The have them "take in" the jeans from the knee down so they are not so baggy. I do this, but start at the thigh for me. My waist is just to big for my legs :-P

This. Everyone's body is different. Clothes sometimes aren't. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your body.

Personally, I'd go up a size or two in skinny jeans until they fit my legs best, then taking in the waist, rather than making boot-cut jeans skinnier.

This is great advice. My mom is a tailor, and this is the advice she gives her clients.

One downfall of taking the waist of jeans in too far is that the pockets can get a bit too close together. Just something to consider though.
  • meagan_lamb
    Options
    Oh I have the same problem with my calves. I've always liked that they were bigger/more muscular but then I ordered a pair of boots off the internet that went past my calves and didn't even think about if they would go past my calves...they didn't. I want to wear them SO BAD, I told myself I'd just lose the extra fat and then I could wear them, but I still can't.

Also, I actually love wearing jeggings. I have bigger thighs/calves and for some reason I feel better wearing jeggings/skinny jeans than bootcut or boyfriend, I feel more confident. I prefer to have my pants tighter around my ankles. I think you can wear whatever the heck you want if you want to, who the heck cares. I don't. But it's also your preference.
  • AliceMpls
    Options
    Hey,

I have the same problem!

Have you tried jeggings, aka jean leggings? They look like jeans but feel like leggings, they're supposed to be comfortable.

^^^This! But I would suggest getting a pair that are closer to jeans than leggings. I have jeggings from NY & Co. that I really love, and I don't feel like my butt needs to be covered when I wear them.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Old Navy Rock Star jeans that stretch, those new pop colors don't have that stretch material. Look for those that have some spandex/lycra in them.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Aeropostale has some I think they're called Bayla that arent super tight around the calves.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My calves are huge so I feel your pain :( I finally own my first knee high boots thanks to Addition Elle selling boots. I've never gone the skinny jean route but know I guess that will be a new challenge to battle...stupid calves.
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    haha I cant even find a pair of boots to comfortably fit my huge calves :( so I just avoid skinny jeans which is unfortunate because they come in really cute bright colours that I haven't been able to find in other cuts.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from, I'm a dancer so my calves are pretty muscular. But working out a lot pretty much slims it. I wear skinny jeans and they're a little obvious. But I say, just rock it lol.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Oh, and also, after reading all the posts about sewing jeans, I had to respond again.

I sew and I've transformed all my old boot cuts to skinny jeans. If you get a pair of skinnies that fit your legs the way you want them to fit, and a pair of other jeans that have bigger leg holes that fit your waist, turn the ones you want to keep (the waist ones) inside out and trace the outline of the other jeans (from thigh down) onto the bigger legged jeans. Then stitch up the sides about 1/4-1/2" outside where you traced. This should do the trick. Just be sure the bigger jeans have a good amount of stretch.

Sewing/altering is the way to go. Even the jeans in my profile picture I have cut down from a a 13 to 6 just taking in the sides (and trimming off excess). Only major change is they went from being low rise to hip hugger. Saves a bundle, I have taken in several pair of flared jeans to tuck into boots. My calves are 14 1/2 and will never be any smaller I don't expect.
  • maddie1661
    Options
    Try Express! Despite the name, their Skinny Ankle jeans fit PERFECTLY. They for my bigger. Butt and thighs and my calves aren't squeezed. Also, they don't bunch around the knees! I love them!!