Does this make me a jogger?

Options
Surisaddai
Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
If you know me, you know I don't run unless I am being chased. Well I signed up for my very first 5K which is in exactly 2 months from now. I have been walking and jogging on the treadmill, but today oh today I jogged a whole mile without stopping. Yes, me JOG! I know that for some great runners out here is not much, but for me is a proud moment :) I plan to try to jog 1 1/2 without stoping before this week is over and soon I will be doing a 5k before my 5k, and yes I do know that 5k= 3mi :)
Yay me!:smile:

Replies

• mikesa3
    mikesa3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I can't wait till I can jog/run a mile. I can't do more then a 2 minutes jog and I have been working on run/walk for almost 3 months.
    Nancy
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    Great job lady!!!!! YES you can be called a jogger!! And congrats on signing up for the 5k! You've got plenty of time to train and build your way up and do great.
  • trogers802
    trogers802 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You are starting where everyone else starts. Everyone starts with 1 mile and builds from there. Great job.
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wooo Hooooo!! You my dear are a jogger
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Nope. You're not a jogger. You're a runner. :smile:
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I remember when I jogged my first mile!! I was so happy!! Congrats...I know you feel great!!
  • Surisaddai
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You all made me cry. I feel amazing and I am not going to lie some heads were turned as I jogged :)
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    I dont jog, I wog, so I guess Im a Wogger....not very sexy.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    6 weeks ago I didn't think I could do it. Yesterday I ran a 5K in 31:19.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :drinker:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'd say you are a runner, because I hate the word jog!

Definition of the word jog from merriam-webster....

transitive verb

: to give a slight shake or push to : nudge
    : to rouse to alertness <jogged his memory>
    : to cause (as a horse) to go at a jog
    : to align the edges of (piled sheets of paper) by hitting or shaking against a flat surface

intransitive verb

: to move up and down or about with a short heavy motion
    : to run or ride at a slow trot
    : to go at a slow, leisurely, or monotonous pace
    : trudge
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Nope. You're not a jogger. You're a runner. :smile:
    yup.
  • kellibenage
    Options
    Oh yea! Someone else just like me. I ran my first mile a two weeks ago and have been so proud of myself! I thought I must be insane for being so proud over what seems like a simple task to everyone else in the world. Glad I can now feel like I'm not the only one!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I just started jogging and was able to run 1.67 miles the other day (22 minutes) without stopping. Granted, an old man with an oxygen tank and walker could have passed me (I "run" at a 4.5) but still....I DIDN"T STOP! I can work on speed later. Yay for both of us! :drinker:
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    WTF is a jogger? You're a runner.
  • walker54
    walker54 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! You are waaaay ahead of me. I'm still on walk/run on the treadmill and am up to "running" for 1 minute, then walking for 3-5 minutes. I'm dreaming of the day I could sign up for a 5K and be able to actually run the whole distance. Go YOU!
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    No such thing as a jogger - you my dear are a RUNNER

Congrats :happy:
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been improving about a minute everyday with my runs which makes me proud of myself , but feel pathetic when I post on FB "ran 1.5 miles in 17 minutes woot" and my buddy is like "9 mile run at 5 am " before he goes to work! I can't work out when I wake up , prefer after work. So I feel you on that , any improvement is success !!
  • teesams21
    Options
    Awesome and congrats!! I usually jog during commercials on tv then walk at a decent pace with an incline during the program I happen to be watching. For a total of 3 miles. I too one day decided I would see how far I could go. and not only did I do the 1 mile..I went two and yes it was only a 4.4 pace but I was so excited I put it on my facebook page. What a tremendous feeling. I know all too well exactly how excited you were :-)
  • Surisaddai
    Options
    Thanks again to all who have commented, I didn't want to say runner because I felt like I have not earned that tittle just yet :/
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Way to go runner! Amazing as it may seem, you will feel twice as good at 2 miles, and even better as you continue towards your goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!