Underweight, need snack options.

Options
I need to put on about 10-15 lbs (it's a long story, health related, but nothing to do with an eating disorder), and MFP has assigned me about 1900-2000 calories a day - which is frickin harder than I thought when my appetite is being suppressed by 2 different medications (told you it was a long story), even though I really want to do this and know that I need to.

Now, I don't want to be insensitive, cause I know most people are here to lose weight, but I think you can still help me. I need some meal or snack options that are small-ish (so I don't feel overloaded) but still have a lot of calories (300-500) and nutrients. The kinda thing you crave right after a really tough workout, y'know?

Replies

• KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Fat will be your best bet: nuts, avocado, full fat dairy (if you do dairy), anything cooked in olive/coconut/walnut/etc oil.
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter or any nut butter for sure.
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    sunflower seeds, pumkin seeds, nuts.

and

peanut butter

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group
  • lindsaykdesigns
    Options
    I wished I like avocado by itself, but I guess I could buy some guacamole. I've been grabbing hummus as a snack as often as I can, along with a glass of milk.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, oatmeal with milk, dried or fresh fruit and nuts
    Green Monster-spinach(sounds gross, but you cannot taste it), peanut butter, whole milk in your case, chocolate syrup, banana, ice all blended into a smoothie
    Lunch-Whole grain bread, meat(meatballs, roast beef, turkey, whatever), cheese and veggies with a hearty soup like potato soup, broccoli cheddar
    Dinner-Meat, veggies, rice, couscous, etc., pizza--basically whatever

For snacks-Full fat greek yogurt with dried fruit and nuts, cheese and crackers, a health shake(like boost or the like-heck, a lot of people here use low cal protein shakes, I know the Boost and such tend to have quite a few calories)
  • lindsaykdesigns
    Options
    For breakfast, oatmeal with milk, dried or fresh fruit and nuts
    Green Monster-spinach(sounds gross, but you cannot taste it), peanut butter, whole milk in your case, chocolate syrup, banana, ice all blended into a smoothie
    Lunch-Whole grain bread, meat(meatballs, roast beef, turkey, whatever), cheese and veggies with a hearty soup like potato soup, broccoli cheddar
    Dinner-Meat, veggies, rice, couscous, etc., pizza--basically whatever

For snacks-Full fat greek yogurt with dried fruit and nuts, cheese and crackers, a health shake(like boost or the like-heck, a lot of people here use low cal protein shakes, I know the Boost and such tend to have quite a few calories)

thank you, tons of great options! you can blend kale in those green monster smoothies, too, can't you? i have some sitting in my fridge that needs to be used up asap.