So I forgot a towel for the gym this morning...

Options
taylor5877
taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
And that means a smaller one to use during my workout and a larger one to dry off after my shower.

Immediately when I realized this I rummaged through my messy truck looking for even a small hand towel, but to no avail. The best I could come up with was a work polo that I'd left in my truck after Fridays workout.

So while working out, I notice a small towel on one of the leg press machines. It stays there for the entire hour I was working out, so it was obviously left there.

I did the most ethical thing I could think of...used the towel (smelled ok) to dry off after my shower then turned it in at the front desk on my way out.

At least I didn't forget underwear or a shirt this time...

Replies

• blueandigo
    Options
    I believe you might have AIDs now bro :(.

Let's leave a rose for OP

:flowerforyou:
  • pixelsurgeon88
    pixelsurgeon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    lol you can rent towels from gym haha...but this certainly had me giggling.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    ewww.... coodies!!!!!!
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Lol! "Smelled ok"

Forgetting underwear would have been easier I think, if you're just going home. Commando!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Have fun with the genital warts you inevitably contracted.
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    Yikes, that is gross... But I would not have done that at all...You don't know, how or what someone lives and if there sick...

I would have just used a papertowl. Or bought a towl from the gym.....

Just don't do it in the future not healthy, or ethical....
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Ummm... wowzers. Lol. Haha. I would've rather went commando.. =P
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ummm... wowzers. Lol. Haha. I would've rather went commando.. =P

Exactly!! Lol
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    *kitten*-face-towel_zps15b42d79.jpg
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have totally forgot all my underwear. I wore a swim suit to the gym and didn't want to wear it wet home but I don't think I would EVER use a towel left sitting around. More power to you!!!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I guess it says something about me that I trusted someone else's funk over my own (the worn old shirt i was going to use to dry off)
  • TBirdReets
    Options
    phD huh? Good for you! ;-)
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I waked into the locker room once and the guy was standing in front of air blower total naked just drying off
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I... uh... wouldn't use someone else's towel. Not even if it seemed relatively clean. If you've got a nice build, I'm sure the ladies could appreciate it if you hang out in their change room until you're done air drying, though:wink:

I forgot to bring a second pair of undies when I went to the gym, recently. I did a bunch of stuff in the weight room, and then changed into a bathing suit, stood under the showers, and hopped into the pool a bit to relax. I brought an extra bra and tank (pants aren't really sweaty/clingy after a workout; just the underthings and top). I wasn't about to crawl back into sweat-soaked underroos... and I was walking home a couple of km... sooo.... I walked the trails that evening, commando:laugh:
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I waked into the locker room once and the guy was standing in front of air blower total naked just drying off

Hahahahaha. That reminds of a time I had in the locker room. Dude kept repeating "Gotta get it on, gotta get it on" and got totally necked next to me. Creeped me out.
  • EmpressHollie
    EmpressHollie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    *kitten*-face-towel_zps15b42d79.jpg

hahahahahaha! stank face!
  • praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Eeep, I would never use a mystery fabric item at a gym. I know someone who contracted crabs from a towel he borrowed from someone he knew... the guy said it was clean lol my friend itchily disagreed and had to see a doctor
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I actually wouldn't have done my workout!
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    I think I would have opted for either no shower or going home wet. Yet I wonder how dry you could get using toilet paper?