Good zombie books for kindle?

Options
dalana84
dalana84 Posts: 75 Member
Im a total zombie loving nerd and love a good zombie read! I like the old fashioned shambling zombies but have read one or two books that have thrown in some runners and done it well. I liked a book called the remaining which had the military hero idea to it but haven't found many others that have a military vs. Zombies story. I like the good old fashioned everyday Joe surviving the zombies. I am looking for books that suck you in and keep a page turning pace.

I'm open to all suggestions, I feel like ive read all the good ones and keep getting duds!

I need to keep up to date on zombie apocalypse defenses, afterall I'm losing weight partly so I can be fit enough to avoid these suckers!

Replies

• fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    my question is "whats a kindle?
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Zombie Survival Guide
  • dalana84
    Options
    my question is "whats a kindle?
    It is an e book reader
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    World War Z, hands down.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I, Zombie. Go!!! Run!!! Read it immediately!!!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    World War Z, hands down.

This. One of my all time favorite books, period.
  • kneubee7
    kneubee7 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are currently listening to the Zombie Fallout series by Mark Tufo. We LOVE them! It's hilarious and zombie filled. Enjoy!
  • hwallace13
    Options
    Ivan turner, Zombies!. There are about 20 books in the series. They were .99 each and I'm addicted.
    I actually started jogging when I realized I could only run for 20 seconds and that would mean instant death in a Zombie apocolypse.
  • Silly_Sara
    Silly_Sara Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Journalism plays a huge role in it, but Mira Grant's Newsflesh Trilogy is excellent. Newsflesh, Deadline, and Blackout in that order.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Amanda Hockings- Hollowland (book# 1) and Hollowmen (book #2)
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    No!!

I, Zombie.

:D
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    H10N1 isn't bad

Voyage of the Dead Sovereign Spirit Saga my all time fav

Forgot Sick...also a good read
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    bump for later, I just started Voyage of the Dead: Sovereign Spirit Saga today. It was free.
  • dalana84
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I haven't tried I, Zombie and a few of the others so will be adding them to my library immediately! If anyone else is looking for a good zombie read, Zombie Fallout series by Mark Tuck is great, has a neat little twist that totally works; also Hollowland, hollowmen, the contagium trilogy is fantastic also. My latest reads No Easy Hope and This Shattered Land were probably one of my absolute favorites, I'm itching for the next book and I'm currently reading Safari which follows Mountain Man. Mountain Man started off a little slow for me but once it picked up I fell in love and couldn't put it down. Safari started off great and I'm glad I decided to give these books a try!

Keep the recommendations coming, I cannot get enough!
  • Win0727
    Win0727 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have read the Zombie Fallout series.....but will definately look into the others! Thanks for the info!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    World War Z, hands down.

This. One of my all time favorite books, period.

I agree.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    there is a new book just come out for teenagers tho..called ZOM..B or something like that! :ohwell: its in the top 100 for book at the mo!
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    "Zombies vs. Unicorns" It's a collection of short stories from a bunch of different authors... half are about zombies and half are about unicorns (some are killer unicorns lol). It's a good light read, although I recommend getting the book version, because the cover art is awesome! :happy:
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    I'm actually reading World War Z right now. It has been amazing so far, I can't put it down.

Also, if you are a fan of the Walking Dead, you should check out the comic books. They are also really good, but I'm not sure if you can find them for Kindle. But, you can look them up on youtube. I just hit play, pause till i'm done with a page, and hit play again!
  • Robrowald
    Robrowald Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pride, Prejudice and Zombies.