View my diary and make suggestions please...

Options
I am looking for suggetions to improve my eating habits... I need to loose another 3-5 pounds to reach my goal. Having problems meeting fat, sugar and carbs target macros....

Replies

• eemorton
    eemorton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Have you tried tracking your sodium? That has been a real eye opener for me.
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Haven't tracked my sodium. I kind of prioritize my tracking system and I felt like tracking my fiber would be more important than tacking my sodium, but I will give it a try. What kind of impact did you see tracking sodium?
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I 2nd the sodium.

I don't often pay attention to my sugar since most of it is from fruit & dairy. If you want to meet your macros I'd suggest eating more. Youre short like I am but you are often below 1100 calories, even 1000. Have you figured out your BMR or TDEE? I'm 5' & 110lbs and my BMR with 1-3hrs of light exercise a week is 1277. And my TDEE to maintain is 1756. I was often eating between 1200-1500 calories a day & I had a steady loss. Everybody is different but that was my own experience.
  • Chikipiwi
    Options
    TDEE: 1550
    BMR:1237

Most of the time I don't eat my remining calories because I cant find the right food to not overdo my fats, carbs or sugars....
    So if your experience what is more important: total calores or to meet the macros?
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I say, don't track the sugar and track your sodium. That 3-5 lbs you want to lose could just be water weight you're carrying right now. :smile:
  • Chikipiwi
    Options
    Thank you. I will start tracking my sodium instead of my fiber or sugar...