A little laugh for us grammar Nazis

Options

Replies

• 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The wrong "Toad"!! Loved it.

At a past job I used to get to go through the job applications. There were always some people who had previous jobs as assistant managers.

Or, as they would put it on the application - *kitten* Manager.
  • ABrideToBE
    ABrideToBE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    OMG, so I am not the only one :)

Nice post!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    That was so full of win. Thanks!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The wrong "Toad"!! Loved it.

At a past job I used to get to go through the job applications. There were always some people who had previous jobs as assistant managers.

Or, as they would put it on the application - *kitten* Manager.

Epic. Just epic.

We just hired a new writer here (basically someone who will do the same job I do -- there are supposed to be two of us). The applications and resumes and cover letters for people applying for a WRITING AND EDITING position were full of basic grammatical and spelling mistakes. It was very sad.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    This was fun! I gigglesnorted over the toad... incredible

I see the do verses due all the time...

spelling errors drive me batty but grammar errors I don't typically notice or care enough to dissect.

I said this the other day, when you talk you dont pay attention to the spelling of words you're just spittng them out, similar to typing, you're talking it out in your head so you don't always catch them... just trying to put a positive spin on it :)

lik dis - is the absolute worst... and I wondered if teachers were seeing this from the young ones. I should've known :)

edited to correct a typo lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    America is a goofy place. :)

Your goofy!
    :tongue:

*You're
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am a grammar nazi thanks to my mom. While growing up, my mom would always sit down with me and go over my spelling homework. If I didn't know how to spell a word, she would tell me to look it up in the dictionary. My remark back was always "how can I look up a word if I don't know how to spell it?" She would just tell me to sound it out, I would do that, and then find the word I was looking for. As I got older and had to start writing papers for school, she would always read it and mark on my paper any grammar errors or spelling errors. Now, I cringe when I see people use the wrong form of your, then, lose, effect, and so on. I even have a hard time texting using the texting lingo. I have to spell every word out. This girl I was friends with in high school writes on her FB page, for instance, gon wit cuz 2 c dat movie. Every word is a grammatical error and abbreviation. Where is our English language going??? People I work with, and used to work with, will write an email without capitalizing the first letter of the first word of each sentence. Some would also ignore periods, making the entire email one long sentence. I think I should've been an English teacher.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Ho made? That is just to funny. :bigsmile:
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    So can someone tell me why on a weight loss site people cannot spell lose? They all seem to want to loose their weight. I always imagine it swinging around very loose.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    need to look at this at home - its filtered in school!!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Super funny!!

The one that drives me crazy is when people say "irregardless"...that's not even a word!

I also drove past a sign like that one on the road, but it was a school zone that was spelled SHCOOL. Those kids don't stand a chance.
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    I love this!
  • jenneal89
    jenneal89 Posts: 243
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    As soon as I saw the thread title, I exclaimed "CKUF! It should be *WE* grammar Nazis." :mad:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! Ho made Apple butter!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Thank ewe sew much four posting this. :drinker:
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    "Private Parking … all others will be toad"

Hmm, maybe there is a wizard at work? Turning the illegally parked cars (or owners) into frogs … :laugh: :laugh:
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Love me some Ho butter..
  • MommaRou56
    MommaRou56 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Was this ever made for me! I truly cannot enjoy so many things in life because they are either misspelled or used totally incorrectly. I posted this on my Facebook page and tagged my daughter in it. She, too, is a Grammar Nazi! Yes, it's a curse!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    As soon as I saw the thread title, I exclaimed "CKUF! It should be *WE* grammar Nazis." :mad:
    You know, I thought about that after I posted, but I'm not sure you're correct. Or it could go either way. I mean, take out "grammar Nazis." You wouldn't say, " A thread for we."