They aren't reasons, they're excuses

Options
Needed to vent, sick of some of my MFP friends clogging up my timeline with nothing but excuses. Don't defend your fast food to me. Don't defend your crap food choices to me. Don't make a big "to do" about why you're sure to go into the red today. We're all human and we all make mistakes. I know for sure I've made unhealthy choices, and I do allow myself a treat now and then.The difference is that I won't be the one posting a long drawn out message in your news feed explaining why I had "no choice." We have a choice every single day; what to eat, whether or not to sit around or to get active. I am also sick to death of hearing why people can't workout!! Just do it or don't do it. Seriously. If you're injured or have a medical condition certainly you need to follow your Dr.'s orders to get well. I'm talking about the people that are always too busy. Oh my day is so full, my job is so stressful, my kids have all these needs/activities. Okay well do it or don't do it, but don't throw yourself a pity party. I work my butt off to schedule my workouts, I am very busy and so is everyone else who is finding/making the time to get their workouts in. Don't think you're busier than we are! If you had a tough day and need someone to listen, I'll do my best to be here for you, but if every single day it's another excuse as to why you aren't successful with this lifestyle change, I'm sorry but I'm too busy to listen.

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Just hide them from your news feed if it bothers you.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    haha love this :)
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Haha I have to agree with you. I once saw a MFP member post that their boss brought in breakfast sandwiches from a fast food restaurant for his employees. Aparently the boss asked why they didn't eat one, so the employee (MFP member) ate it anyway, then said they felt pressured into eating it. You're an adult. If you don't want it, then don't eat it. Simple as that. We all slip up, but the only person responsible for what you put it your body it you (unless your an infant). I slip up every now and then too, but I know it's of my own doing.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I unfriend anyone that doesn't fit into how I do things. I was friends with one girl who ate 400 calories a day and would lose 6-9lbs per week. It was gross. Gone! I've unfriended tons of people who rarely log, are constantly over, use cleaning as their only form of exercise, whine, etc. I don't feel bad about it. I'm sure people have unfriended me for different things too. Do what ya gotta do.
  • lissaann22479
    Options
    You make a good point!!!
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    excuses are lies we tell that no one else believes.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I unfriend anyone that doesn't fit into how I do things. I was friends with one girl who ate 400 calories a day and would lose 6-9lbs per week. It was gross. Gone! I've unfriended tons of people who rarely log, are constantly over, use cleaning as their only form of exercise, whine, etc. I don't feel bad about it. I'm sure people have unfriended me for different things too. Do what ya gotta do.

I do the same thing! :happy:
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Agree! I'm in my 40's and have two little ones (2 yr and 4 yr old) and work full-time. I make time for me, if that means getting up at 5:00 in the morning to get my exercise done....no matter how I feel. It's a commitment and discipline....it goes "how bad do you really want to achieve your goal" Just do it! Simple fact! Agree with @blushingmama "excuses are lies we tell that no one else believes"
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    TL,DR
    I don’t come to MFP to listen to people make excuses about why they are not willing to or too busy to help their friends, especially if those same friend have helped and supported you. Man up.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Recently the girls at work started bringing in fruit as well as biscuits and cakes to celebrate birthdays. This was great as I could join in without scoffing cake.
  • likka_me
    likka_me Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    excuses are lies we tell that no one else believes.
    Absolutely agree with this and the OP! Cheering you on girly!!!
  • likka_me
    likka_me Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Recently the girls at work started bringing in fruit as well as biscuits and cakes to celebrate birthdays. This was great as I could join in without scoffing cake.
    That's great. This shows if your serious the those who care will adjust for you. However until the excuses and lies and denial stop this can never happen.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That's why I changed my profile pic to this. It's in my face, no excuses :)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should tell this to your friends?
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    The thing that bothers me about excuses is recognizing the ones that I have used. It's so easy to see through them when it's somebody else you're scrutinizing. But until that "ah-ha" moment comes, people will believe they've got legitimate reasons instead of flimsy excuses.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    julieh391, why is it wrong to use cleaning as a cardio exercise? I work up a good sweat doing it. Moving furniture, vacuuming, and mopping are pretty good workouts.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    What's most interesting about this post is that you referred to your "timeline", a Facebook concept. Amazing what an impact Facebook has had and continues to have on the web.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Delete them. Sounds harsh but I only like to keep a handful of like-minded and motivating individuals in my friends list. We're not always angels but we don't make excuses!
  • squishymissay
    squishymissay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Can my friends see my food diary? I'm new
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    delete them instead of vaguebooking...

I mean, making obvious forum posts complaining about them.